Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, Grasshopper said:

@BOF

So my "£10 to VT if I'm wrong"

says - Bruce will not get us in the Top 2, thus, promoted the coming season.(17/18)

That final sentence is not water-tight.  Are you saying he won't be top 2 or that we won't go up?  Because you can go up in the playoffs.

Just now, BOF said:

That final sentence is not water-tight.  Are you saying he won't be top 2 or that we won't go up?  Because you can go up in the playoffs.

water tight meaning he wont get us up from 1st or 2nd in the table

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Oh

only 1 bet allowed?

I think I understand you now.  You're asking for a new bet with me.  No thank you.

• Like 1

I've avoided this thread for a while so I may be repeating a point already made, but... I just caught up on a load of those player vids which the club seem to be churning out loads of recently - you know, the 'Inside the dressing room, Hutts wears nice gear, Jack's a lazy git' ones or the 'Sit with a stiffie, whilst the pretty girl drives you round the block' ones...

Anyway, there does seem a lot of love for Bruce, comments like: "He's the reason some of us signed", "He's given us our confidence back", "He knows how to get us up".

I know, I know, they're going to say that aren't they.  Well yes, but it really came across like they believe it, watch the Scott Hogan one and he looks convinced!  Whether they've formulated this opinion from working with him, or just been brainwashed by the pro-Bruce press, you can't argue that they do seem to be singing from the same hymn sheet.

Tactics, pretty football and good looks aside, you get the feeling that if anything, removing Bruce now would seriously damage the morale of the squad... and we've seen what effect that can have.  Hypothetically, even if Wagner became available and willing to join, i'd argue that it was probably too risky a swap at this point.

5 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

no bet then?

so lets get this right

you think one way, but you hope you are wrong, so if you are wrong you will have the joy of us going up.

is that called hedging your bets.

6 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

water tight meaning he wont get us up from 1st or 2nd in the table

Your initial bet was that Bruce wouldn't even last in his job after a few games. Now he might get us promoted through the playoffs!

Shit, by the start of next season you'll probably be backing him to win the league :detect: 

22 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Your initial bet was that Bruce wouldn't even last in his job after a few games. Now he might get us promoted through the playoffs!

Shit, by the start of next season you'll probably be backing him to win the league :detect: 

my bet is so that VoOz pays VT £10

I'm not sure how betting works, but if Villa are favourites to win the league at 8/1. can you bet on them not winning the league at 1/8? So every multiple of £8 I'd get £1 back?

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

I'm not sure how betting works, but if Villa are favourites to win the league at 8/1. can you bet on them not winning the league at 1/8? So every multiple of £8 I'd get £1 back?

Weirdly bookmakers don't offer fair value. :rolleyes: For example if two teams are evenly matched to win the cup, they should both be at evens but instead bookies will price them both at 4/5. If Villa are 8/1 against to win the Championship, I expect the best you'll get for them not to win the Championship will be 10 or even 12 to 1 on, i.e. £12 risked for £1 gain.

8 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

my bet is so that VoOz pays VT £10

No your bet is with me so you can pay VT £10 and enjoy us playing in the Premier League in the 18/19 season. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TRO said:

so lets get this right

you think one way, but you hope you are wrong, so if you are wrong you will have the joy of us going up.

is that called hedging your bets.

I was hoping that we got promoted this season. So whats wrong with hoping for next season.....the season after that......season 2020/21..........

1 minute ago, Grasshopper said:

I was hoping that we got promoted this season. So whats wrong with hoping for next season.....the season after that......season 2020/21..........

I wasn't on about that....I was on about betting against us going up...... its kinda win,win.

45 minutes ago, TRO said:

I wasn't on about that....I was on about betting against us going up...... its kinda win,win.

Ok

if you are soooooooooooo sure, do you want to bet your left bollock on it?

Â