Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

16 minutes ago, BOF said:

Snap.  Posted the same time.  Yep possibly.  I was more concerned with the logic than the money :ph34r::ph34r:

Why don't you just use the Randy Lerner approach to business and throw both concerns out the window?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

I think you have dug a deep hole for yourself as you are convinced that after more signings and a preseason bruce will all of a sudden show us all that his approach, be it defensive or expansive, will get us promoted.

Once the inevitable has happened and Bruce gets the sack for not enough pts during the 1st 10 games or however long the board gives him and a contuation of the disgracefull football, I will not be gloating at you saying "I told you so" I wont even allow myself a humble boast for predicting the failure. I'll be angry to the point of exploding at the management team, the coaching staff, the board of "football-men" who will have wasted not only DrT's money but the patience, enthusiasm, belief, hearts and souls of every Villa-fan across the whole world

GH

You won't have to gloat, I will throw my hands up and say I got it wrong.....But as you know,my stance, I don't see myself having to do it.

2 hours ago, BOF said:

So, to clarify.

The bet is

Villa don't get promoted either automatically or via the playoffs in the 17/18 season _AND_ Steve Bruce is not in charge for game 1 of the 18/19 season.

If the above all happens, @Grasshopper wins the bet and it's £10 from him to VT
If the above doesn't all happen i.e. we either go up AND/OR Bruce is still in charge for game 1 of 18/19, then it's £10 to VT from @Villan_of_oz.

Agreed ?

no

if I win the bet VoOz pays

I lose the bet I pay

• Like 1

Just now, Grasshopper said:

no

I lose the bet I pay

Yep, apologies, as said further down, I got the logic right but the payment arse about face :thumb:

3 hours ago, mykeyb said:

I agree with you on this and its probably the one area where even those who think Bruce deserves a crack at next season must admit that he has proved this season that he has on most occasions no answer. The opposition manager will change something (Reading away) and he does nothing no tweaking of formations, player positions anything and it has cost us time and time again.

But that happens to more managers than Steve Bruce......Pepe supposed to be the tactical No 1 and he gets it wrong at times.....His philosophy that he has stuck to has come under question this season in this league.

who is this manager in the Championship that has the tactical monopoly in games?

also other factors dictate too......such like the opposition, playing better or working harder or more pugnacious in approach.....there is a compendium of reasons why games are won or lost, tactics is just one.

I also think some of the fundamentals matter more in this league, where the individual talent is less common than in the Prem......winning individual battles and keeping shape is important too.

Everyone loves attacking football, but it is a balancing act to get wins and sometimes especially this league winning ugly is better than losing pretty.....However we all want to win pretty or aesthetically.

Edited by TRO

50 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Correction

If I lose £10 comes to VT from

TRO

D_C

Bobzy

JV

..................;-)

My bet was different! ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

Correction

TRO

D_C

Bobzy

JV

..................;-)

leave me out I'm a sportsman not a gambler, besides I don't like taking money off people.:)

I have only ever been wrong once in my life......and then I found out I was right after all.:)

So after Keith Wyness comments we know that we will start the season with Bruce. Ive said it before and it still the same. Don't really believe in Bruce. Going to leave that and hope Im wrong. Go on and impress me Steve.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TRO said:

But that happens to more managers than Steve Bruce......Pepe supposed to be the tactical No 1 and he gets it wrong at times.....His philosophy that he has stuck to has come under question this season in this league.

who is this manager in the Championship that has the tactical monopoly in games?

also other factors dictate too......such like the opposition, playing better or working harder or more pugnacious in approach.....there is a compendium of reasons why games are won or lost, tactics is just one.

I also think some of the fundamentals matter more in this league, where the individual talent is less common than in the Prem......winning individual battles and keeping shape is important too.

Everyone loves attacking football, but it is a balancing act to get wins and sometimes especially this league winning ugly is better than losing pretty.....However we all want to win pretty or aesthetically.

So you agree with my point then!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TRO said:

Benitez and Hughton did quite well.

20 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Correction

TRO

D_C

Bobzy

JV

..................;-)

Mate i'm not sure what we are betting on, but I am not a staunch Bruce supporter i'm on the fence so not sure why I should pay you?

Unless these are just mandatory retroactive payments due to my love for Gabby by default?

:ph34r:

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mykeyb said:

So you agree with my point then!

well I'm not disagreeing with it.

I am just merely saying that very few managers have a monopoly on getting tactics right every time against their opponent.....I think so many other factors are at play too.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Unless these are just mandatory retroactive payments due to my love for Gabby by default?

:ph34r:

Sorry mate, but the payment for that is much higher than £10 ;-)

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, striker said:

Benitez and Hughton did quite well.

Is that a default quote, because hindsight is an exact science?......would you have said that at the start of the season?......and also how can you be sure it wasn't many other factors that won them promotion.

just a thought.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Is that a default quote, because hindsight is an exact science?......would you have said that at the start of the season?......and also how can you be sure it wasn't many other factors that won them promotion.

just a thought.

What other factors TRO?

17 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

What other factors TRO?

• Players with a winning attitude
  • A team with a togetherness, all for one and one for all.
  • Players that are willing to put their body on the line for their team mates. 
  • Players willing to move and create options. 
  • Players who can pass the ball to a corresponding shirt
  • Players with belief in themselves and impose that on their opponent
  • Players with the ability to beat a man and wreak havoc
  • Players who can read a game and defend a winning position
  • Players who can deny the opposition the ball.

and most importantly of all.......A great big smile on their faces:)

and many more, but I got bored.

Edited by TRO

Â