Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I agree. But the question wasn't whether Bruce could get Wolves promoted in exactly the same way. It was whether bruce could have got them promoted.

Bruce was a playoff final away from getting US promoted. he was two victories away from getting us promoted automatically.

And Wolves had a better squad than us.

Would it have been as convincing? No. Would it have been entertaining? No. But would he have got them up? Yeah I reckon.

But would Bruce have ever assembled a squad  of this qualify or passion, or style of play  ? I would have to question this tbh with you.

Nuno strikes me has having the X - factor and I really think Wolves have a  strong chance of doing well. Imo 

Edited by Dave J
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Dave J said:

But would Bruce have ever assembled a squad  of this qualify or passion, or style of play  ? I would have to question this tbh with you.

Nuno strikes me has having the X - factor and I really think Wolves have a  strong chance of doing well. Imo 

Probably. The club and the Mendes connection assembled the squad. 

But that wasn’t the point being made anyway. 

Any chance of 2 Bruce threads ?

Thread 1 - this one, anything goes. And goes. And goes again.

Thread 2. As pro or anti as you like but restricted to events from Hull Away onwards ?

I would like that very much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Any chance of 2 Bruce threads ?

Thread 1 - this one, anything goes. And goes. And goes again.

Thread 2. As pro or anti as you like but restricted to events from Hull Away onwards ?

I would like that very much.

27 more pages and then I think it’s time for the club to sack him. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Mate it should be. I’m no fan of Bruce and wanted him gone. But he is staying and posting over and over what a poor manager he is will not change a thing.

How about we just let thread trickle down until the first game. 

Where's the fun in that ? I love's me a bit of Bruce baiting.

One day I will log on to Villatalk and Steve Bruce will not be a hot topic. 

I don't know how you lot keep it up I really don't, it's exhausting. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

He took us to a play off final one game away.

i guess you would have preferred Henry?

I certainly would of. How can you even mention the play - off ? We treated Fulham like they were Real Madrid. We were garbage, and the blame lies firmly at the manager's door.

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I certainly would of. How can you even mention the play - off ? We treated Fulham like they were Real Madrid. We were garbage, and the blame lies firmly at the manager's door.

Wow man give it a rest, it's been and gone, shit happened and will happen again, it's football. 

And yet, here you are.

First visit in several days. I normally see it hot at the top of the screen, think about it then decide it will be full of the same repetitive circular arguments going on and on so I just don't bother reading. 

We were not good but the difference was a mistake from Hutton and terry. That’s all. I enjoyed last season despite not going up.

cant believe you would take a pundit over Bruce. If you think last year was a failure Henry would be a complete and utter disaster 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Yes, four times in 20 years. Stunning record, he deserves a medal for services to management.

Well getting on for half of these years he was managing in the premier league and you can’t get promoted from that league.

Even a dog in a suit knows that.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

We were not good but the difference was a mistake from Hutton and terry. That’s all. I enjoyed last season despite not going up.

cant believe you would take a pundit over Bruce. If you think last year was a failure Henry would be a complete and utter disaster 

How do you possibly know that ?  

2 hours ago, Dave J said:

I agree with the X factor comment. As for Bruce, I don't think he'd get past the first audition, it'd be three no's.

Â