Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

It's been the same at Villa Park for years.

Teams that come and set up as a compact unit with a view to hitting us on the break have always had some level of joy at VP.  Millwall had a lot of pace, and this is the slowest Villa team I can remember, so we found ourselves fortunate to get a point in a game that, on paper, we should have won.

Three things don't help:

Balls to the wide men, we lose possession and they break.

No movement from players, we lose possession and they break.

No patience on the ball, we cannot pass and move in any way and the ball ends up going to a Millwall player and they break.

It has been an issue for a long time, but if we set up with more patience we would force them into mistakes. We need to work on keeping the ball, less balls out wide to be lost, less from the right sided defender going on runs to lose the ball and so on. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

It's been the same at Villa Park for years.

Teams that come and set up as a compact unit with a view to hitting us on the break have always had some level of joy at VP.  Millwall had a lot of pace, and this is the slowest Villa team I can remember, so we found ourselves fortunate to get a point in a game that, on paper, we should have won.

Yep needed a goal early when we were on top. After that it became quite predictable with Johnstone earning us a point.

Bruce doesn't really have a plan b. 

• Like 1

Not once have we been in our target position this year. And we don't look capable of achieving the target set in the summer. 

We might make the playoffs. 

Of course dropped points is going to cause people to be negative. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dick said:

Three things don't help:

Balls to the wide men, we lose possession and they break.

No movement from players, we lose possession and they break.

No patience on the ball, we cannot pass and move in any way and the ball ends up going to a Millwall player and they break.

It has been an issue for a long time, but if we set up with more patience we would force them into mistakes. We need to work on keeping the ball, less balls out wide to be lost, less from the right sided defender going on runs to lose the ball and so on. 

We are not a very intelligent team. Lost count of how many times players tryed to go on a runs and lost it. I love Albert but he was guilty of this so many times today. Run in to space. Not in to a crowd of players! 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

We are not a very intelligent team. Lost count of how many times players tryed to go on a runs and lost it. I love Albert but he was guilty of this so many times today. Run in to space. Not in to a crowd of players! 

Yep that is another thing, so make that four ways we lost the ball. Albert runs with the ball and tries to run in between two players, losing the ball.

43 minutes ago, bobzy said:

If we don’t win = Bruce out. 

Its easier once you just accept it’ll be that way. 

Nah.  I think it’s more a case of:

In the top 2 - Bruce IN.

Not in the top 2 - Bruce OUT 

which is pretty reasonable in my opinion.

Edited by ender4
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

Nah.  I think it’s more a case of:

In the top 2 - Bruce IN.

Not in the top 2 - Bruce OUT.

Well that was the clubs target this season. Guess its too much to expect him to achieve one target while he is here. 

• Like 2

I hope Bruce doesnt tell our defenders to pass to Johnstone to lump it forward at every opportunity. We seem to be doing it more and more with each passing game. 

Edited by Junxs
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Yawn...here we go again

Your right to opinion of course.

The problem is though. Looking at the facts, he is more right than the „Bruce in“ will ever be.

Bruce Out

Was Hutton injured? He didn't look like it from where i was sat but i refuse to believe that even Bruce would swap a RB with 20mins left and needing a goal. 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Was Hutton injured? He didn't look like it from where i was sat but i refuse to believe that even Bruce would swap a RB with 20mins left and needing a goal. 

Made worse by the fact he was about to bring Hogan on when Samba got injured and the last sub was gone. So basically Steve wasted a sub sub swapping a RB got a RB. Another example of his inability to swing a game.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Well that was the clubs target this season. Guess its too much to expect him to achieve one target while he is here. 

i thought promotion was the target? not promotion via top 2? so will he be sacked if we go up via playoffs?

Absolutely awful today, there is just no movement at all. You've got players on the ball screaming for players to move about and nothing. We were very lucky as Millwall should've won quite comfortably. 

• Like 1

I said it before and Bruce is not the type of manager to go and win you games at 0-0 and that is my main fear with him. he was left with a creative midfielder and a striker on his bench at HOME. Granted I think Samba got injured but replacing your full backs is not an attacking move

24 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i thought promotion was the target? not promotion via top 2? so will he be sacked if we go up via playoffs?

We go up, then job done. But the whole message from the club all summer was that top 2

39 minutes ago, av1 said:

Could have been the fact Hutton just didnt overlap in the 2nd half , albert was trying to go it alone all the time

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I said it before and Bruce is not the type of manager to go and win you games at 0-0 and that is my main fear with him. he was left with a creative midfielder and a striker on his bench at HOME. Granted I think Samba got injured but replacing your full backs is not an attacking move

One of the worst substitutions I've seen all season. 

Â