Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, Keyblade said:

I don't know about this.

It's dangerous to wait until we go on a bad run to sack him. There's no way playing like this is sustainable over a season and will get us promoted. We might as well get rid while we still have a fighting chance.

We haven't played like that every game though and you can't sack someone whose last 6 games are 3 wins and 3 draws. It's nonsensical. 

• Like 1

I only caught the second half, but I don't see how you can't beat Bruce up when the players can't keep hold of the ball. In the last 20 minutes, I lost count of the number of times players lost possession when they weren't really in much trouble. 

This is down to the players, we had plenty of possession. but Forest had more because players lost most of the 50-50's and gave the ball away too many times.

We should win the next two and that should put us in the playoffs going into the international break. I'll be happy with that at the end of October.

Just now, lexicon said:

We haven't played like that every game though and you can't sack someone whose last 6 games are 3 wins and 3 draws. It's nonsensical. 

We've played like this literally every game bar maybe Norwich and first half against Hull. 

Just now, Keyblade said:

We've played like this literally every game bar maybe Norwich and first half against Hull. 

It literally doesn't matter if we win.

Next 2 games are away at Burton and at home to Bolton - win them and we're firmly in the playoff spots. 

Possession stats are meaningless. Leicester won the Premier League when having rubbish stats (18th in possession and last in pass completion)

Results are the most important thing. As long as the results keep coming then I'll stick with Bruce

• Like 1

I agree that it would look mental from the outside if we fired Bruce in the midst of an unbeaten run over six games. However, man it is frustrating isn't it? We look so unbelievable inept at times and it's anything but convincing.

I mean, if we did the basics right, kept our cool and at least appeared to be playing as a team sometimes then I'd be happy. Results yes, but we're kind of riding a lucky wave here. The results flatter us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Possession stats are meaningless. Leicester won the Premier League when having rubbish stats (18th in possession and last in pass completion)

Results are the most important thing. As long as the results keep coming then I'll stick with Bruce

And in 20+ years of the premier league, how often did this happen?

3 minutes ago, Dick said:

that's kind of besides the point. obviously keeping possession is good if you want to slow a game down and retain control, however it doesn't win you games. if you can set your team up to counter efficiently then possession really isn't an issue.

Edited by osmark86

15 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I don't know about this.

It's dangerous to wait until we go on a bad run to sack him. There's no way playing like this is sustainable over a season and will get us promoted. We might as well get rid while we still have a fighting chance.

Completely is.  Up until their goal (which was basically a massive slice of luck with a great finish) Forest did **** all.  We were comfortable as anything.

If we play like this the majority of the season, we're in the running for promotion.

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Forest were really, really good at passing the ball around the back and in midfield but creating **** all.  These stats pretty much reflect that.

You mean the stats that show they had more shots, more shots on target and more corners than us. Away from home to?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

First back to back league wins since April, winning 1 game in three this season, I know let's all back the manager. Perlease 

How many league games is that, out of interest?

We should definitely be backing the manager.  **** our "fans" who want us to lose so the manager gets sacked.  Embarrassing support.

1 minute ago, heffoman said:

You mean the stats that show they had more shots, more shots on target and more corners than us. Away from home to?

I think 5 of their shots were Carayol or whatever his name was cutting in from the left and then smashing the ball 40 yards over.

But yeah, they were waaaaay better with their shots than us(!).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dick said:

The point I was making is that you don't have to be dominant in possession to win games. A lot of possession is pointless, like Forest today in their own half. It's what you do with the ball when you get it.

We still need to improve but if we can adopt a formula that wins us games without needing to dominate then great. I'd like us dominate, naturally, but ultimately the result is what matters most.  

Â