Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, Junxs said:

But its not speculation if you know the left turn in my scenario will lead to more traffic (if we dont get promoted the budget will be less)

Im sorry but thats not speculation, its fact. 

I think the argument was in response to you knowing that this particular left turn would lead to more traffic and calling that speculation. either way, I just wanted to clear up the concept of speculation since it seemed like people differed in their definitions.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

I think the argument was in response to you knowing that this particular left turn would lead to more traffic and calling that speculation. either way, I just wanted to clear up the concept of speculation since it seemed like people differed in their definitions.

Yeah I realised what you meant after I typed my reply, if you look back i edited it slightly but obviously not quick enough :)

• Like 1

So, if I post that this thread will at some point get very lost in the details of terminology and intended meanings, can someone give me definitive answer?   Is that speculation? 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

So, if I post that this thread will at some point get very lost in the details of terminology and intended meanings, can someone give me definitive answer?   Is that speculation? 

Mathematically, there's a 50% chance. Either it is speculation or it isn't speculation.

19 hours ago, TRO said:

let me ask you a question, (albeit hypothetical)because its fairly easy to come on here and say that you think we have under achieved ( and I respect your opinion by the way)

But.....

If it was setup that you could visit Bodymoor Heath and address the manager and the first team squad with that claim...... that you think that the squad has under achieved this season.

would you feel comfortable doing that?

To be completely honest with you, I would...albeit in a very respectful and constructive manner. I'm also sure that Bruce would be the first to admit that he hasn't finished where he aimed to either. I'd also thank him for the excellent job he has done in terms of squad harmony and club morale, because as you eluded to it is easy to purely provide criticism without looking at the big picture. 

1 hour ago, carewjust4u said:

To be completely honest with you, I would...albeit in a very respectful and constructive manner. I'm also sure that Bruce would be the first to admit that he hasn't finished where he aimed to either. I'd also thank him for the excellent job he has done in terms of squad harmony and club morale, because as you eluded to it is easy to purely provide criticism without looking at the big picture. 

Fair comment.....but I would love to sit in on it.:)

but that response is much more balanced.

I don't think for one tiny minute, they have finished where they aimed for, but we don't always get what we want or think we deserve.

ask Bayern Munich after the other night and its not the first time.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

I guess it all comes down to is the proverbial glass.....Half Full or Half Empty.

Indeed, it wasn’t two years ago the glass was smashed to pieces....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Indeed, it wasn’t two years ago the glass was smashed to pieces....

Your correct - however regardless of what you think Bruce has had enough resources to purchase a new glass - not put the pieces back together imo 

43 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Your correct - however regardless of what you think Bruce has had enough resources to purchase a new glass - not put the pieces back together imo 

Yes there’s those that think that, those that don’t, and those who’ve not decided. Must admit I think over the last couple of weeks I’ve said all I can say in any detail on the topic.

I spent March to around October wanting him gone, ( or to do things differently which I couldn’t picture as the months went on )October to December unsure, and since then I’m 100% certain I’d keep him.

Edited by terrytini

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

Yes there’s those that think that, those that don’t, and those who’ve not decided. Must admit I think over the last couple of weeks I’ve said all I can say in any detail on the topic.

I spent March to around October wanting him gone, October to December unsure, and since then I’m 100% certain I’d keep him.

All opinions are welcome - for me it's promotion or gone 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dave J said:

All opinions are welcome - for me it's promotion or gone 

And then next season, when the new Manager doesn't get promotion he's out of the door too right?

And the next one? And the next one?

All the while we're paying obscene amounts of compensation to continually replace the non-playing staff as well as having a new set of players every season, so zero continuity (so we basically become Leeds United).......sounds amazing, sign me up.

Not.

Edited by bannedfromHandV
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

And then next season, when the new Manager doesn't get promotion he's out of the door too right?

Whos speculating and got a crystal ball now? :P

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

All the while we're paying obscene amounts of compensation to continually replace the non-playing staff as well as having a new set of players every season, so zero continuity (so we basically become Leeds United).......sounds amazing, sign me up.

Not.

Like I say all opinions welcome - for me after the best part of two season with the resource he has had - I'm afraid his position would be untenable unless we are promoted 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Like I say all opinions welcome - for me after the best part of two season with the resource he has had - I'm afraid his position would be untenable unless we are promoted 

Absolutely. 

On 01/05/2018 at 21:58, bannedfromHandV said:

Yep, agreed.

Doesn't necessarily the quality in the first XI has to change drastically, getting Gabby off the books alone frees up significant space.

No one is denying that non-promotion won't be a major financial problem for us, but to assume that it will result in being a disaster for us on and off the field is speculation.

its not the number of bodies that is the issue its the wages.

for the most part, Gabby, McGatemack and Richards aside, our better players earn the most money.  To make up the defecit between revenue this season and revenue next season the wage bill needs to half.  HALF! And thats without thinking about a few of our better players wanting to leave to futher their careers.

i truely hope we get promoted as i fear for the next 3 to 5 years if we dont...

On 01/05/2018 at 22:06, bannedfromHandV said:

Here's what you said:

"Especially when the squad wont be half as good and the budget considerably less than last season"

To which I replied to say that's speculation. To assume the squad "won't be half as good", is speculation.

To claim it's not speculation......well, you see how stupid that sounds?

well perhaps not half as good is an exaggeration.

But we dont have a great record of bringing quality in at low cost, and unless something unexpected happens financially the current facts are that the wage bill needs to be halved to keep us away from FFP.

So to say that the squad will be weaker next season is pretty much guaranteed should we still be in the championship.  And with the funds the relegated teams will have, competeing will be even more difficult.

Â