Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

To pretty much a man we didn't seem up for it today and that has happened way too often lately and when as team you aren't up for it you have to point the finger firmly in the managers direction. If he can't have us going into games of this importance foaming at the mouth giving everything what chance will we have in the play offs.

We have won one of our last 5 games and that run has been QPR, Bolton, Hull, Reading and Norwich. You arguably couldn't have hand picked a nicer run of games to get points from and we have taken four points. What a missed opportunity.

I am now worried we will go into the play offs on a downer. Both as a team and as fans. Bruce has to ensure that doesn't happen but judging by the last few games I am now not so sure he is capable. 

• Like 3

I blame the players.

Too many big names (at this level) performing inconsistently and going missing when it counts.

Today was a prime example. 

Bruce is limited and makes mistakes, but apart from a couple of dodgy substitutions, it's the players that have really let him down. 

3 minutes ago, villan501 said:

I' take John Terry as Bruce replacement next season as player/manager get lampard  as assistant had enough of negative uninspiring Bruce. 

I'm assuming you're joking? That's a hell of a risk to take in our position.

If both us and Fulham don't go up I'd move heaven and earth to bring in Jokanovic.

If we somehow managed to go up we could do far worse than taking a punt on trying to persuade Brendan Rodgers to leave his current "easy ride" job.

I don’t understand the logic of “let’s not replace him now do it at the end of the season”. Get a better manager in to give us a chance in the playoffs as we can now all see & those of us who’ve called it all season know, we’re not going up with him in charge. 

So why persist with this drivel for 6 games, give someone a 5 game period to bed in and it’s 50/50 in the playoffs at the minute whoever comes 3rd out of Cardiff or Fulham will walk the playoffs. Bruce is a waste of effort now sack him 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

To pretty much a man we didn't seem up for it today and that has happened way too often lately and when as team you aren't up for it you have to point the finger firmly in the managers direction. If he can't have us going into games of this importance foaming at the mouth giving everything what chance will we have in the play offs.

We have won one of our last 5 games and that run has been QPR, Bolton, Hull, Reading and Norwich. You arguably couldn't have hand picked a nicer run of games to get points from and we have taken four points. What a missed opportunity.

I am now worried we will go into the play offs on a downer. Both as a team and as fans. Bruce has to ensure that doesn't happen but judging by the last few games I am now not so sure he is capable. 

Exactly right.

Just now, wazzap24 said:

I blame the players.

Too many big names (at this level) performing inconsistently and going missing when it counts.

Today was a prime example. 

Bruce is limited and makes mistakes, but apart from a couple of dodgy substitutions, it's the players that have really let him down. 

I think you take away from what a manager does. Its not just picking 11 names and saying get on with it  

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think you take away from what a manager does. Its not just picking 11 names and saying get on with it  

No I'm not and I never said it was. 

My opinion is the players have let him down at key times, both recently and throughout the season. If you think it's all the manager, that's up to you :thumb:

As much as Bruce's game management is poor and his substitions/formations are baffling I don't blame him for today. On paper we were the better side today, first half we were the better side today but we didn't take our chances and didn't show the class that we have in the squad. It's all too easy to blame the manager for the loss but this is arguably our strongest first 11. It makes you wonder if the so called 'strongest squad in the league' is actually as strong as we all think.

Sack him now? Ridiculous, you can't sack your manager with 5 games to go before the playoffs and expect a new manager to come in and turn us into world beaters.

We need to now use the last 5 games to get some form together, find an 11 that works and bring some form into the playoffs.

If at the end of the season we don't go up via the playoff route then I agree, Bruce goes and we bring someone in who can rebuild the squad over the next few season. Realistically if we don't go up then we are in this league for a few more years where we will need to rebuild with limited funds. That is the sad reality of where we are as a football club now.

Edited by wilko154
  • Like 1

If a manager only depends on individual brilliance ( aka Kodjia today trying to beat the whole defense himself) , Bruce may fluke some results if our team are flesh playing only  once a week. But if r playing a games every 3 days , your individual players will be too tired to come up with any magic/ brilliance. Teams with more tactical senses/ & with more passing etc will be much suited in such mad rush of games. We had the same poor run of results during Xmas Dec period too.. Bruce never learn.. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jim said:

100% at fault for me. He doesn’t have a clue how to change a game when we are losing. 

Proven by his decision to just chuck on a load of strikers in the 3 games we have lost recently. Amateur FM stuff!

So what should he have done Jim?.....with what he has.

thats not a loaded question, just interested what you think he should have changed.

If he is at fault for me ....is the mental attitude of the players.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

What did bruce say after game. He has ti lay into them and say it was a unacceptable performance

We’ve heard all that before from him though and then we do it again and again 

Not a fan of Bruce at all.

It was so easy to pick the same team that beat 10 man Reading today and that’s exactly what he did. He should have brought in Kodjia and/or Grabban and pushed forward early. Hogan offers absolutely nothing.

Special mention to Neil Taylor today who was an extra level of crap. 

11 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I'm assuming you're joking? That's a hell of a risk to take in our position.

If both us and Fulham don't go up I'd move heaven and earth to bring in Jokanovic.

If we somehow managed to go up we could do far worse than taking a punt on trying to persuade Brendan Rodgers to leave his current "easy ride" job.

The likes of jokanovic should have been targeted 2 years ago - now with ffp biting hard why would he leave Fulham for a club having to  huge cuts .

rogers would not leave Celtic for villa in my opinion even if we went up . 

13 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I don’t understand the logic of “let’s not replace him now do it at the end of the season”. Get a better manager in to give us a chance in the playoffs as we can now all see & those of us who’ve called it all season know, we’re not going up with him in charge. 

So why persist with this drivel for 6 games, give someone a 5 game period to bed in and it’s 50/50 in the playoffs at the minute whoever comes 3rd out of Cardiff or Fulham will walk the playoffs. Bruce is a waste of effort now sack him 

Would be crazy to sack him now at this stage - wait till the season is over 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

No I'm not and I never said it was. 

My opinion is the players have let him down at key times, both recently and throughout the season. If you think it's all the manager, that's up to you :thumb:

It’s players and manager but the manager carries the can overall as it’s his job to get the team ready for match day .

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Not a fan of Bruce at all.

It was so easy to pick the same team that beat 10 man Reading today and that’s exactly what he did. He should have brought in Kodjia and/or Grabban and pushed forward early. Hogan offers absolutely nothing.

Special mention to Neil Taylor today who was an extra level of crap. 

Kodjia isn't fit enough to play 90 minutes though.

And if he had changed Grabban for Hogan in this game and it had ended as it did he would be getting slaughtered for changing a winning team after Hogan scored mid-week.

Today was down to the players and not the manager. We should be beating teams like Norwich with ease, or at the very least grinding out results as Cardiff and Fulham are consistently doing.

• Like 1

Â