Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

Well its one thing playing these kind of players.....but the paradox is we stand off the opposition and they score easily......what really is the point of playing them?

thats the bit that baffles me.

It lacks ambition which is bizzare as we need 3 points today, Whelan isn't mobile enough, has Bruce forgotten the Brentford game?

Stupid decision making. Preston are not a big team and that is the game you could've rested Jedinak. SWFC have two massive strikers and we could've done with Jedinak or Thor in this game to combat that. Whelan is an atrocious pick.

• Like 3

* Hope Kodjia does something

*Hope Jack does something.

* Oh **** erm thor on the left no in the middle no whelan in the middle josh no 10, no josh out wide 2 up top, no grabban out left, hogan out right. no get the big man on we are going 4 4 2 get jedi at cb no i mean jedi at dm. when is jack back? when is kodj back? oh **** get gabby out wide and put josh up top 

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1

Really disappointing. The way we have good and bad spells under bruce is worrying. From one extreme to another. For me i think that happens because we are so reliant on quality players doing something rather than a consistent approach thanks to good coaching 

Am I right in thinking that for half our good spell Bruce wasn’t in charge day to day because of his family issues? If so maybe that’s the answer. Seems a nice bloke and I’m sorry for his current troubles but he just doesn’t seem to be doing the job well. 

45 minutes ago, blunther said:

Am I right in thinking that for half our good spell Bruce wasn’t in charge day to day because of his family issues? If so maybe that’s the answer. Seems a nice bloke and I’m sorry for his current troubles but he just doesn’t seem to be doing the job well. 

We've just won away at Wednesday, got a decent point midweek considering we didn't play great. Derby dropped points and we are 1 point off 2nd. I'd say he's still doing a decent job. 

3 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

We've just won away at Wednesday, got a decent point midweek considering we didn't play great. Derby dropped points and we are 1 point off 2nd. I'd say he's still doing a decent job. 

You wouldn’t have posted that half hour ago!

take off Onomah and we score three. If he gets the **** hint now then I might stop slagging him off,  but Bruce has got it wrong the last few matches. 

ETA: I still maintain we should be in a more comfortable position in this league given the squad. He may be doing alright, but there are managers out there that could have done better IMO

Edited by blunther
  • Like 4

51 minutes ago, blunther said:

No, you’re wrong. He had a few days out. He may or may not turn out to be good enough to get us promoted but let’s not rewrite history.

Let’s hope a 4-2 win away from home gets us back to winning ways after two poor games. We will have other defeats between now and May. Let’s not panic when we do.

Just now, Adam2003 said:

No, you’re wrong. He had a few days out. He may or may not turn out to be good enough to get us promoted but let’s not rewrite history.

Let’s hope a 4-2 win away from home gets us back to winning ways after two poor games. We will have other defeats between now and May. Let’s not panic when we do.

If I’m wrong then fair enough. I read that in the Mail last week about not being involved in prep for three match, so it could be total bollocks. 

Agree on on the second point. And hopefully the effect of his first substitution today will teach him not to consistently start lazy, poor footballers

59 minutes ago, blunther said:

Sorry, not having that. I’m critical when Bruce gets it wrong (this week) but he definitely was a reason we went on that run. He is, rightly, also a reason why we struggled this week (too much caution, players too deep, out of position, wrong choices). But saying we won games because he wasn’t there is very wrong, imho.

1 minute ago, Dick said:

Sorry, not having that. I’m critical when Bruce gets it wrong (this week) but he definitely was a reason we went on that run. He is, rightly, also a reason why we struggled this week (too much caution, players too deep, out of position, wrong choices). But saying we won games because he wasn’t there is very wrong, imho.

Like I say, just reflecting what I read in the Mail about him missing preparation for three matches. We did start to play some football in a couple of those matches which isn’t typical of Bruce’s... style

The starting XI for the last 3 games have been very questionable but we got the job done today. Lets hope Wolves stuff Fulham now, knock the wind out of their sails 

Â