Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

You could quite easily say the fixture list has been unkind when you look at this months games.

Makes no sense, as come 26 December we will reach mid season point and would have played everyone once. Rather it backs my point about being in a false position in November as we had avoided the harder teams.

We got lucky by avoiding Leeds, Derby and Sheffield united until right at the end as thats 3 of the top 6 excluding us.

6 hours ago, BOF said:

24bd9a38b1627922d36c73fb2430f312.png

According to the results page on the official site we've only won 2 games against the top 10, Ipswich and Preston who occupy 8th and 9th.

Where are you getting the 8 wins from? or am i misunderstanding what this table is supposed to represent?

43 minutes ago, Junxs said:

According to the results page on the official site we've only won 2 games against the top 10, Ipswich and Preston who occupy 8th and 9th.

Where are you getting the 8 wins from? or am i misunderstanding what this table is supposed to represent?

That's versus the rest of the league not the top 10.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Junxs said:

It’s a table for the top ten vs everyone else in the championship, so it won’t include the defeat to wolves, the win against Ipswich etc.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I’m not at all sure that a Manager who chooses to buy Terry, Whelan, Snodgrass, Elmohamady, Hourihane, Berker, Lansbury, Taylor and Samba can make an argument bemoaning a lack of pace ?

As far as I know he hasn’t made such an argument - but if he did I’m afraid he’d be a laughing stock.

He hasn't. It's just another weak excuse presented rather than acknowledge the under performance. 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You know he scraped relegation. Wagner did too.  It takes time for even good managers to get their ideas across. Sometimes it can get worse before it gets better. 

By all means the club can sack Bruce now and in the long term it could really benefit us. But if people think it will improve our chances this season then they would probably be disappointed.  

I don’t agree with this - despite what some on here would have you believe there is such thing as a new manager bounce ( see N Warnock) and maybe the points accrued during our potential new manager bounce might just be the difference between promotion or not- personally I would twist.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Dave J said:

I don’t agree with this - despite what some on here would have you believe there is such thing as a new manager bounce ( see N Warnock) and maybe the points accrued during our potential new manager bounce might just be the difference between promotion or not- personally I would twist.

Indeed.

But there is also a new Manager Belly Flop - if there wasn’t we would be Top 6 Premier League with all the bounces we should have had ! :D

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Haha!

**** hell! It’s Christmas week and it seems all people can bother themselves with is dripping on about Steve Bruce.

There’s a world of fun and opportunity out there. Get a **** life. 

Christmas week ? Get a Life !!! - I’ve been celebrating since November mate ?!! And will do so until February.

And STILL make time for all things Villa. ( which are unlikely to form part of the celebrations aspect !)

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I agree someone should. 

But I don’t want to throw the baby out with the bath water. 

Sacking Bruce even though it would be detrimental to us would be silly. 

I'll try to remember your opinion about that  :) 

1 hour ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Haha!

**** hell! It’s Christmas week and it seems all people can bother themselves with is dripping on about Steve Bruce.

Listen scrooge! We will when Santa Bruce and his eleven elves deliver 3pts on Saturday.    (Atleast for 3 days anyway)  :ph34r:

Well let's all get in the Brucie christmas spirit shall we..

You better watch out.. you better not cry.. Bruce'll be lucky to get three points, I'm telling you why...

Bruce ball is coming to town... Bruuuce ball is coming to town... Oh yeeea!..

{all together now}

Laaaast Christmas.. we delivered a pass.. but the very next game.. We gave it away..

Thiiis yeear.... instead of playing out of fear.... the fans are looking for something special... something special  oooohh...

We're Rockin' around the Brucey tree hoping for a win on Saturday....

Strikers n midfielders playing defensivily .. it's the same old, Bruce ball way!..

Stay now, pray now...    Brucies' gonna try and win this game.. I don't think we can take the pain.....  but I think it's time he made a change.....

.... Oh don't endure us to watch crap like this....  if you ask me it takes the piss.....  won't you play another way....?

All we want for Christmasssss.. is Bruuuuuuuuce  ball, Babyyyy!!..  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

And who has seen two of our only genuine pace players out all season (Green, Kodjia).

But yeah, he should be able to see into the future as well as manage a football team

And before you say 'plan for it', we don't have that luxury due to FFP and other issues, if teams lose key players unless they're one of the top 4 it's highly likely that they'll be relatively irreplaceable.

As it is we've lost many key players this season, I wonder how much better we'd be doing if the likes of Green, Grealish, Kodjia and latterly Terry had been fit all season.

Why would he need to see into the future to see kodjia was out injured for a long period when the injury happened last season?

Its also not unreasonable to think that a player returning from such a serious injury might need time to get back into the side to prevent additional injuries.

Its also not unreasonable to think that a winger with a poor futness record in a position we have no natural backup in might get injured again.

I see nothing particularly unusual in any of our injuries this season except JTs.  In fact i think they could pretty much all have been easily predicted.

50 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Listen scrooge! We will when Santa Bruce and his eleven elves deliver 3pts on Saturday.    (Atleast for 3 days anyway)  :ph34r:

Well let's all get in the Brucie christmas spirit shall we..

You better watch out.. you better not cry.. Bruce'll be lucky to get three points, I'm telling you why...

Bruce ball is coming to town... Bruuuce ball is coming to town... Oh yeeea!..

{all together now}

Laaaast Christmas.. we delivered a pass.. but the very next game.. We gave it away..

Thiiis yeear.... instead of playing out of fear.... the fans are looking for something special... something special  oooohh...

We're Rockin' around the Brucey tree hoping for a win on Saturday....

Strikers n midfielders playing defensivily .. it's the same old, Bruce ball way!..

Stay now, pray now...    Brucies' gonna try and win this game.. I don't think we can take the pain.....  but I think it's time he made a change.....

.... Oh don't endure us to watch crap like this....  if you ask me it takes the piss.....  won't you play another way....?

All we want for Christmasssss.. is Bruuuuuuuuce  ball, Babyyyy!!..  

f****g brilliant

2 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Haha!

Dont tell me you‘re one of these people who get „happy“ BECAUSE its Xmas?

I get „happy“ in the morning when I smell the coffee.

There‘s nothing more refreshing (and waking) than a nice shower

Hey I even enjoy my eggs, Going to work, a concert or the flicks, Playing Golf, a good meal, meeting friends having a good crack, a laugh.

I even enjoy $h@9in9

In fact, I cant possibly fit that all in at Xmas, so guess what? I spread it out over the whole year, every year since I can remember.

In fact the only thing I really find shit is Bruce-F*******-Ball

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

I‘m simply amazed that people have accepted this Bruce-Ball shit as a route to promotion.

I'm not . But you watch those very people ,if he fails to achieve promotion .

Trust me ,I have this underlying feeling that it's all going to go tits up ,pray I'm wrong ,but I think not ,sadly .

• Haha 1

Â