Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

FFS a local derby, particularly this local derby makes league position all but irrelevant.

It was a decent point from a difficult match, I'm losing the will on here, really am.

I wish my life was more fulfilling so that I didn't feel the need to come and read all this utter crap.

In your opinion that is, which is what this forum is all about isn't it.

Opinions!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Hardly positive? We were being overrun and looked extremely likely to concede as they piled on their attacks. Jedinak came on and that turned around instantly. Within 5 minutes of him coming on we had 4 decent shots and in that last half hour we had 8 and nearly scored a couple of times.

If that’s not seen as positive, I wonder if expectations are unrealistically high?

Maybe switching to 442 with Davis and Kodg up front would have succeeded despite having failed so woefully against Wolves. I don’t know. I can sort of sympathise with Bruce for maybe being a bit wary about trying it given the pressure of the derby situation.

But ignore me. I am a bit out of step these days with the general view tha Bruce is a coward, fool and dinosaur, so I may tend to give him more credit than he is due.

I'd like to know how it got to the point where we were being completely overrun by a seemingly, not that good of a side ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

but its the sc*m and they are shyte

made by the managers approach

hang on in there 

My life is very fulfilling, I need to read the utter crap to bring me down to earth a bit

You kill it , Gh ,and I love every minute of it. It's never personal with you ,unless your name is Steve Bruce ,that is . The way you handle the flak, especially the peremptory flak , ;) is very impressive indeed, a lesson in life ,may I say .:)

Up The Villa .

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Nah, it’s really not. 

I tried several ways to avoid a snarky comment about the depth of logic in your argument.   But instead I'll (perhaps foolishly) ask you to explain, "why do you not think so?"

Here's why I thought it was brilliant.  The original argument (as I understood it) was that Bruce's substitutions were very positive considering that we were getting overrun.  The question pointed out the obvious but unstated problem.  We were getting overrun... by scum... so much so that EVERYONE agrees the substitutions were needed.  Bringing on Jedinak clearly worked (whether someone else going off instead is certainly up for debate) (whether it would have been better changed earlier is also up for debate) but the sub Bruce made did help.  But the obvious problem was... we were getting overrun.... by knuckledraggers...so much so that EVERYONE (including Steve Bruce)  agrees that SOMETHING had to be done to change things up.

Quarreling about the subs is interesting, but hides the bigger point.  We did not play especially well, as a team.  

8 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Hardly positive? We were being overrun and looked extremely likely to concede as they piled on their attacks. Jedinak came on and that turned around instantly. Within 5 minutes of him coming on we had 4 decent shots and in that last half hour we had 8 and nearly scored a couple of times.

If that’s not seen as positive, I wonder if expectations are unrealistically high?

Maybe switching to 442 with Davis and Kodg up front would have succeeded despite having failed so woefully against Wolves. I don’t know. I can sort of sympathise with Bruce for maybe being a bit wary about trying it given the pressure of the derby situation.

But ignore me. I am a bit out of step these days with the general view tha Bruce is a coward, fool and dinosaur, so I may tend to give him more credit than he is due.

I don't think he's a coward or a fool ,or even a dinosaur ,just a shit manager ,tbh .

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

I tried several ways to avoid a snarky comment about the depth of logic in your argument.   But instead I'll (perhaps foolishly) ask you to explain, "why do you not think so?"

Here's why I thought it was brilliant.  The original argument (as I understood it) was that Bruce's substitutions were very positive considering that we were getting overrun.  The question pointed out the obvious but unstated problem.  We were getting overrun... by scum... so much so that EVERYONE agrees the substitutions were needed.  Bringing on Jedinak clearly worked (whether someone else going off instead is certainly up for debate) (whether it would have been better changed earlier is also up for debate) but the sub Bruce made did help.  But the obvious problem was... we were getting overrun.... by knuckledraggers...so much so that EVERYONE (including Steve Bruce)  agrees that SOMETHING had to be done to change things up.

Quarreling about the subs is interesting, but hides the bigger point.  We did not play especially well, as a team.  

So there you have it ,bobzy . Just when you think it's safe to go back into the woods .

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

life fulfilling

follow the thread kind sir

Oh, I am following and I guessed that's what you meant, but you've reverted to posting non-sequiturs, which is why I can't see how his humblebrag comment prompts your query about his life being fulfilling. It certainly doesn't address his point that you are anything but humble. In fact, your response, like most of your posts, merely amplifies what he was saying. 

On 10/31/2017 at 11:57, Keyblade said:

Why even employ a manager then? Why not just do away with this archaic institution since it's all down to the players.

That is not what is being said.

There is a distinction between what is manager errors/flaws and player errors/flaws

lets use them appropriately.

Edited by TRO

Can't see us getting anything tonight.

If we do, whether a draw or a loss, you just know it'll be utter shite football.

Out out out.

If we go up, out. We'll be bottom and sack him in November by which time it'll probably be too late.

There must be less than 10% of the fan base actually enjoying watching us. We are dog dirt and get by on the odd bit of individual spark. Which we have in abundance because we've got the most expensive squad in the league.

Brilliantly, he's being shown up by two totally different styles of management at the top of the league. A foreigner who has never managed on these shores with a team starring definitely a few mercenaries; and a rising Brit who has an idea about tactics and at least a rough plan of what he wants his team to do.

Bruce is the past.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1

Â