Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

52 minutes ago, av1 said:

Maybe i worded it incorrectly, maybe i should have said that i understand where Mark is coming from, rather than necessarily being in agreement.

Yep, this is certainly where the disparity kicks in. I didn't expect instant gratification, and if that is something i sought I'd have given up with this football club years ago. 

What i do expect though, after 35 games and the leagues largest budget, is to see some improvement. Personally i have seen nothing. 

You honestly believe that playing that brand of football, and finishing 13th in the league, with this squad, is as much as we could have hoped for?

So he couldn't make any changes over 35 games, but all will be well after a couple of pre-season friendlies at Bescot stadium?

With the players he has at his disposal, i think he has done a absolutely terrible job. 

I was in favour of Bruce from the off. His performance for this football club has changed my opinion.

What did he have to deal with that every other manager in this league didn't?

Ok the relegation. But since we were relegated, the chairman and the whole board has changed. We had a huge turnover of playing personal (as did many other teams in the league), and a budget that every manager (other than Benitez) could only dream of. 

The circumstances of the club are being ridiculously overplayed 

Thats where I totally disagree, I don't think even I have any idea of the size of the demise and what is required to rectify it......I think it has been ridiculously under played.

Just bear in Mind......If Tony Xia or Keith Wyness (who are much closer to it than us) have an inkling that Steve Bruce is winging it.....He will be gone.

Remember Alex Ferguson was kept on by Martin Edwards when there was pressure from a section of the fans to dump him......ME knew the good work was being sown, so he stayed with him despite the poor results.

Mark has explained why he thinks the football has been poor and I agree with his view.

Edited by TRO

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

Thats where I totally disagree, I don't think even I have any idea of the size of the demise and what is required to rectify it......I think it has been ridiculously under played.

Just bear in Mind......If Tony Xia or Keith Wyness (who are much closer to it than us) have an inkling that Steve Bruce is winging it.....He will be gone.

Remember Alex Ferguson was kept on by Martin Edwards when there was pressure from a section of the fans to dump him......ME knew the good work was being sown, so he stayed with him despite the poor results.

Mark has explained why he thinks the football has been poor and I agree with his view.

More to the point AF had a concept that ME agree to.

AF had shown his ability at smaller clubs and ManU were a club able to give AF that chance.

We ONLY need promotion from our current manager as PL will be a different ball game.

And

You and whoever can state xyz how and why we are where we are. Its SB's job to get it right, he hasnt, cant and wont get it right I ASSURE you.

It's like waiting for the nr 90 bus that hasnt left the station. You wait - but it aint coming

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

AF had shown his ability at smaller clubs and ManU were a club able to give AF that chance.

We ONLY need promotion from our current manager as PL will be a different ball game.

And

You and whoever can state xyz how and why we are where we are. Its SB's job to get it right, he hasnt, cant and wont get it right I ASSURE you.

It's like waiting for the nr 90 bus that hasnt left the station. You wait - but it aint coming

GH

• Firstly you or I do not know what Steve Bruce has told the hierarchy maybe he has a concept too , but is only 3/4 of a season in to it.....so we haven't seen it yet.
  • Secondly, Steve Bruce has equally got history to call on like AF to convince the board he is the right man..... 4 times promoted from this league.
  • We ONLY need promotion?......so does another 12 clubs expect to get the same thing......nothing can be taken for granted.
  • If haemorrhaging goals and consistently losing games, particularly in the last 10 minutes is stopped and it has......how is that not getting something right......Getting it ALL right takes a little longer.
  • You are correct we could be waiting for a bus that never arrives.....I guess its a chance we all take and wait and see who was right.
Edited by TRO

2 hours ago, VillaCas said:

I don't like to bet against the Villa however as Acorns is the recipient then I will agree

I really hope I'm paying up come the end of the season

Great, we're on.

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

It's up to £100 now if I could only stop calling Bruce out for his failings on 1 VT posting day.

I assure you all, I'm trying, I really am trying very very hard, but its a bit like expecting Bruce to start playing football after the pre-season. It's not likely to happen is it?

The bet is £50. 

If I have to pay out then I'll make it 100 if you can prove you've gone a day without slagging Bruce off. Cas only ever pays 50 if he loses.

It will be an absolute pleasure to pay the extra 50 to have a day where we all don't have to read your boring, snidey posts in every **** thread. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Thats why i can't agree with lots posts suggesting 'we should give Bruce 10 games and see where we are'

Next year is too important to simply "see how it goes". 

He's either the right man or he isn't, and that decision needs to be made now. 

I think the decision has already been made, and we can only hope that it is the right one. I am, however, not convinced, and although we can continue to debate the issue, we can now really only wait and see how it turns out.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

why do people continue to lie in order to defend Bruce? 

the only part of that statement that's true is the part about conceding in the last 10 minutes

Bruce hasn't stopped us consistently losing games. It's proven we were harder to beat under RDM. And he has had little impact on us conceding goals. 

and some use this lie to justify his awful football. 

why the need to make things up

This is because he's a British manager and the media pundits all believe "he is the man for the job". It's brainwashing. A bit like Kim Jon Un does to his people but without the intent. 

Edited by NottingVilla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Great, we're on.

The bet is £50. 

If I have to pay out then I'll make it 100 if you can prove you've gone a day without slagging Bruce off. Cas only ever pays 50 if he loses.

It will be an absolute pleasure to pay the extra 50 to have a day where we all don't have to read your boring, snidey posts in every **** thread. 

A day without listening to your utter bollox wouldnt be a bad thing either. Or does it not work that way too?

However, Still respect to you for taking the bet on. and good for acorns when you have to pay up.

I'll try my best to bump it up to the said £100. but as I said, its hard to change your ways, just ask Bruce

3 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

And

Who or what is "AF"??

Please don't make your posts any more irritating than usual by talking in your own code.

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

A day without listening to your utter bollox wouldnt be a bad thing either. Or does it not work that way too?

Works however you want it to work. Let's just say I'm sure a lot more people would be happy of your silence than mine. I don't tend to write the same thing in every thread every 5 minutes. 

But if you give acorns £50 I'll shut up for a day too if it bothers you so much. 

Anyway, I only came in here because of the bet. I'm off again to avoid this thread like the plague until next season. Life's too short to read the shite posted in here. 

Edited by Stevo985

2 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Who or what is "AF"??

Please don't make your posts any more irritating than usual by talking in your own code.

Alex Ferguson

ME = Martin Edwards

• Like 1

Works however you want it to work. Let's just say I'm sure a lot more people would be happy of your silence than mine. I don't tend to write the same thing in every thread every 5 minutes.   

Oh great one, you are if course 100% correct there.

But if you give acorns £50 I'll shut up for a day too if it bothers you so much.  

You couldnt bother me if you tried.

Not interested in betting with you. I have my own bet.

Anyway, I only came in here because of the bet.

I also pointed out my respect for you for that, I also tried to humour the whole back and forth of opinions but you still feel the need to say unnecessary unpleasantries

I'm off again to avoid this thread like the plague until next season. Life's too short to read the shite posted in here. 

Bext season isnt far away

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TRO said:

GH

• Firstly you or I do not know what Steve Bruce has told the hierarchy maybe he has a concept too , but is only 3/4 of a season in to it.....so we haven't seen it yet.
  • Secondly, Steve Bruce has equally got history to call on like AF to convince the board he is the right man..... 4 times promoted from this league.
  • We ONLY need promotion?......so does another 12 clubs expect to get the same thing......nothing can be taken for granted.
  • If haemorrhaging goals and consistently losing games, particularly in the last 10 minutes is stopped and it has......how is that not getting something right......Getting it ALL right takes a little longer.
  • You are correct we could be waiting for a bus that never arrives.....I guess its a chance we all take and wait and see who was right.

TRO - I think we all know Bruce's concept and it's not very inspiring is it? With the amount of games played - he really should have instilled his mark on the team by now - which I think he has and quite frankly I am not impressed at all - we all have our favourites TRO I do get this - I was delighted when we got Lambert and thought he might build a legacy here - still think there is a decent manager in there somewhere - and I wanted to stick with him till the bitter end - but even I agreed in the end it was time to part ways - Bruce has shown me nothing other than a dull, uninspiring, tactically void manager, I'm afraid I would not give him pre-season - it could prove too late 

• Like 4

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11740/10897622/david-wagner-huddersfield-players-have-become-legends-after-securing-promotion

Wagner became the first ever foreign boss to win the second-tier play-offs in England, and said he was delighted to prove that experience is not the be all and end all in football.

"I'm so happy we've proven that experience is not everything," he said. "I've always been confronted with questions of my experience in English football, the league, no winter break and the play-offs.

"Experience is important, but if you have passion, desires and ideas you can match it. We've shown it's possible and brought this fairy tale to a happy ending."

Edited by Jas10
Link / source
  • Like 2

Brilliant attacking free flowing football that got promoted by an own goal and finished with a -2 goal difference.

Talk to me Bruce out brigade. 

Do we say it doesnt matter, they got promoted?? But....wait......its about the amazing football isn't it? 

Yeah but he has an idea a plan? Was that plan finishing 19th in the first season? Then having a preseason and pushing on? 

Yada yada yada.

Bruce in.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villan_007 said:

Brilliant attacking free flowing football that got promoted by an own goal and finished with a -2 goal difference.

Talk to me Bruce out brigade. 

Do we say it doesnt matter, they got promoted?? But....wait......its about the amazing football isn't it? 

Yeah but he has an idea a plan? Was that plan finishing 19th in the first season? Then having a preseason and pushing on? 

Yada yada yada.

Bruce in.

Is disgraceful really!

With that Huddersfield squad he bough for hundreds of millions of pound he should have walked the league scoring at least 10 goals per game.

Wagner out!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Is disgraceful really!

With that Huddersfield squad he bough for hundreds of millions of pound he should have walked the league scoring at least 10 goals per game.

Wagner out!

Rrrrrrr ok now it's a money thing not lovely attacking football.

I can't keep up with it.

Just now, villan_007 said:

Rrrrrrr ok now it's a money thing not lovely attacking football.

I can't keep up with it.

Honestly thought you were joking with that post, but OK.

For me when comparing Wagner to Bruce (or Di Matteo) it's about getting the best out of what's available. Both with results and how you set up.

Wagner got the fabled 110% while ours probably didn't even get 50%.

In our case very much because of how we set up and played.

• Like 4

Â