Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Bruce looks like he wants to kill someone at the moment he is fuming 

Yes and before sticking it to the players he should learn to set the team up properly. Much more of this won't wash with the owner.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Basically said they need to get back to basics, can't rely on buying talent in. Without the basics it's pointless.

Can't argue with that.

The basics starts with Bruce. The no pressing and midfielders in defense has to come from him, as this is a new midfield that plays exactly like the last

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

It's mental I think. I know people will probably just dismiss this as BS but what else could it be given that we've changed everything, sometimes multiple times?

We've been in decline for years. We're widely known now as being very weak and just generally shit with a defeatist mentality. As fans we all know that whenever we're playing away for example we'll probably lose. We know that if we go a goal down we'll crumble rather than mount any sort of fightback. We know that when we're ahead there's a pretty good chance we'll throw it away. All this stuff is widely-known now so even when proven players come into the club, they get infected by this losing mentality and under-perform.

I don't think it's the sole reason but at this stage I think it's one of the main reasons.

Its like the opposite of Man Utd during the Fergie years - even when they were losing, it didn't matter, as they knew they would come back and win eventually.

• Like 2

Just now, villa89 said:

Have we played well in any game under Bruce? It's been abject performance after abject performance. 18 games left to prove yourself Steve. 

He's got to have the rest of the season to show what he's made of - can't get rid any sooner. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We have individuals but we haven't been a team for a while. The rest of the teams in the league are a lot more settled. We are going to have to write his season off and blitz next season. It's probably for the best. 

I think most have accepted that. What won't wash is the same mistakes over and over and that is exactly what we are seeing. There is no improvement.

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

The ten games that led to RDM getting sacked brought 10 points and a goal difference of Minus 1.

Steves last 10 games have brought 11 points and a goal difference of Minus 5.

Also I've just heard him say we folded when we went behind. I hope he doesn't believe that we went behind because after a reasonably bright front foot start we sat back, failed to respond to Brentford's energy and tactics, and s goal was inevitable. 

Bery much like last week against Preston but without the early goals to save us.

There is no pattern Brucie, and there should be by now. And it's all too negative.

True but Bruce has his own players now so has to be given a chance with them. It's going to take time. Hard to watch but there's no miracle cure.

12 minutes ago, bradarmstrong_ said:

From now until end of the season should be treated almost as a trial period for him. Prove you know how you want the team to play and give us a run of results that will give us confidence on promotion next year. If we continue this way and finish 15th-20th then he'll be on thin ice surely?

His record in this league is class but you don't need championship experience to do well e.g. Carvalhal at Sheffield Wednesday , Jokanovic at Watford, Karanka at Boro. 

And there you have it the nail on the head. FOREIGN FOREIGN FOREIGN. You go Foriegn you expand the talent pool ten-fold not just because they are better because they are foreign (that said, they are). Lots of foreign managers in this League now....have never been invested in Bruce. He done is stuff when mostly the talent pool was limited to relic British managers. 

Same can be said for players. Lets buy a load of overpriced British shit.

Edited by NottingVilla

1 minute ago, bose said:

Needs time but I swear to god this club defies logic.

Everything has been changed but it's still the same? I understand we won't turn into Barcelona overnight but to be so completely outplayed and humiliated by Brentford is a joke. We say way to deep today and gave Brentford all the time in the world. In hindsight a completely new midfield was not the way to go but I think most of us were very happy with that starting eleven.

The Villa curse. Everyone seems to turn to shit. 

He'll sign Hogan and play him up top and move Kodjia to the left and play the same tactics on Saturday. He's been terrible and his tactics are the worst I've seen, even when we were winning under him it was lucky and the football was shite.  He will be here for the rest of the season but if he cant get us winning and doing it easier than when he first came in then he has to go.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If this continues he may have yo go. I'm sick of this go a goal behind then crumble. Why can't they fight like lions???

817b342943baa3a4a22f8add4358d78b.jpg

5 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Its like the opposite of Man Utd during the Fergie years - even when they were losing, it didn't matter, as they knew they would come back and win eventually.

Pretty much. Leicester last season are another good example of basically the opposite of what's happening here.

I think the only way out of it is to start playing well consistently and winning consistently but how do you do that with confidence and mental strength so low? It's a vicious circle. I think we'll just have to rough it out.

Â