Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Thing is, that's been happening for years. The same things persist regardless of who is manager.

I'm not at all happy with what Bruce has been doing lately but sadly I just don't think another manager will make much of a difference.

But why I don't get it? Can't be just manager as we have changed so many

the personnel? Can't be that as this a brand new team

i think honestly we have either be cursed or they are being paid off. No one is this **** shit

From now until end of the season should be treated almost as a trial period for him. Prove you know how you want the team to play and give us a run of results that will give us confidence on promotion next year. If we continue this way and finish 15th-20th then he'll be on thin ice surely?

His record in this league is class but you don't need championship experience to do well e.g. Carvalhal at Sheffield Wednesday , Jokanovic at Watford, Karanka at Boro. 

• Like 1

we're stuck if we get rid, we'll have to let a new manager buy more players and create his own sodding team, another change over! Yet if we keep him, I will dread every matchday weekend. I've lost all faith in our ability to be positive or to have any decent likelihood of making me happy. I expect an abyss of despair

I was backing him up a couple of weeks ago, how things can change. What the hell were you doing today, managed like a novice and showed up by a manager who not long ago with the Saddlers was earning less in a year what Bruce earns in a week.

Forget promotion this season.

Needs to come up with a system that can actually work.

We sit deep and bypass the midfield, need to scrap whatever we are doing as it's clearly not working.

What's worrying for me is the defence, nobody new was in there and the first goal was laughable no communication at all.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

But why I don't get it? Can't be just manager as we have changed so many

the personnel? Can't be that as this a brand new team

i think honestly we have either be cursed or they are being paid off. No one is this **** shit

It's mental I think. I know people will probably just dismiss this as BS but what else could it be given that we've changed everything, sometimes multiple times?

We've been in decline for years. We're widely known now as being very weak and just generally shit with a defeatist mentality. As fans we all know that whenever we're playing away for example we'll probably lose. We know that if we go a goal down we'll crumble rather than mount any sort of fightback. We know that when we're ahead there's a pretty good chance we'll throw it away. All this stuff is widely-known now so even when proven players come into the club, they get infected by this losing mentality and under-perform.

I don't think it's the sole reason but at this stage I think it's one of the main reasons.

Just now, Genie said:

Basically said they need to get back to basics, can't rely on buying talent in. Without the basics it's pointless.

Can't argue with that.

Sure he said the back to basics thing after we lost to Cardiff about 4 matches ago?

We look stuck halfway between a high press and not a high press.

As in - the midfield is sat high up enough to press, but not doing so and allowing an easy pass in behind them. Either drop back and mark your man to let them try something special, or close them down and force the issue. pick one.

I think 4-5-1/4-3-3 is the problem. Kodjia (or other lone striker) too isolated to press, leaving massive gaps to switch it when he does. We make it SO easy for other teams.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 2

Just now, Woodytom said:

Has to go for me. That's about the tenth game running where the opposition has been quicker, hungrier and stronger.

Not losing to better players or managers, just teams who simply want it more.

Don't be daft. 

5 away losses out of 6, and we haven't scored in 5 of those. Pathetic.  He may be fuming, but the poor sods who traipsed down to London won't exactly be smiling either.  

• Like 2

Â