Next Villa Manager

Richard

29 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Sorry Darren but that's rubbish. Solksjaer was never top of the championship like Wagner has. Only success he has was at molde when he rejected us

Wasn't comparing them like that mate. Wagner definitely seems more suited to the job but the situations seem similar to me. Not many people has considered him but it just seems to have snowballed and everyone (me included) are quite excited by the idea of someone they don't know a lot about.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Nathan Jones (Luton) linked with the Managerial role. Here's Bananarama singing about him!! :D

Bloody hell. Haven't heard that for a very long time. And actually it was probably on BRMB last time I heard it. 

On topic....

Pearson, Allardyace, Sherwood, Bruce

Please, just kill me now.

21 minutes ago, sne said:

If you write Wagner on a piece of paper and look at it through a mirror, it spells manager :ph34r:

Well, not really, but still...

Yes I tried it, I'm not ashamed to admit it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Right it looks like Bruce is odds on. Now I know this market can be moved easily but RDM, Garde and Sherwood were all the only manager's that becomes odds on before being appointed. That said OGS become odds on before we appointed Lambert. 

I want Wagner! :(

Solskjaer was 1/33

Just saying.

Ignore that. Just reread post 

Edited by Woodytom

54 minutes ago, villanwesty88 said:

If it's Wagner can we then sign Vagner Love? Then when Vagner Love scores goals, Wagner will love Vagner Love and in turn we will love Wagner and Vagner Love. Or if it all goes tits up they'll be a pair of V/Wagner's! 

vagnerlove-8163851331.jpg

Hope he scores loads of headers so we can sing "Love is in the air"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Right it looks like Bruce is odds on. Now I know this market can be moved easily but RDM, Garde and Sherwood were all the only manager's that becomes odds on before being appointed. That said OGS become odds on before we appointed Lambert. 

I want Wagner! :(

Odds like this are moved purely on what is being lumped on, computer assisted to ensure the bookie always wins...lower the odds on popular markets to ensure the payout doesn't exceed the total takings/etc.

I know this has all been said before, but most of the time this is all it is and people lump on pure speculation.  Twatter rumours fuel customers and odds change / etc.

Rarely is there any privy info with the bookies, sometimes punters get lucky and there is the possibility that odds are moving because punters got a lucky tip off but that is unusual.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Neil said:

Odds like this are moved purely on what is being lumped on, computer assisted to ensure the bookie always wins...lower the odds on popular markets to ensure the payout doesn't exceed the total takings/etc.

I know this has all been said before, but most of the time this is all it is and people lump on pure speculation.  Twatter rumours fuel customers and odds change / etc.

Rarely is there any privy info with the bookies, sometimes punters get lucky and there is the possibility that odds are moving because punters got a lucky tip off but that is unusual.

Ah. This old chestnut. That's when you know our latest manager has been sacked, when VT discusses how odds work. ;)

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Ah. This old chestnut. That's when you know our latest manager has been sacked, when VT discusses how odds work. ;)

Only partly true.

The topic also comes up routinely during our seasonal discussions about the likelihood of getting relegated.

• Like 1

Really hope we get Bruce. 

Of all the names mentioned he fits the bill perfectly. Wagner would be a huge risk and will end in tears IMO.

Edited by jim

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

I doubt there are many ppl betting on it. 

Whether it's a lot or very little, certain candidates will get a bigger share of punters and that reflects in the odds.

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

It's almost as if one of the main news outlets for speculation on this market ALSO owns a bookies who they reference when reporting the speculation.

In my eyes, morally reprehensible. I can't help but admire the brass-necked genius of it, though.

Whatever could you be insinuating ;)

We really need to make a decision sooner rather than later so that a new boss has some time to prepare for the next game and to look at the players he has at his disposal. The international break gave us some time but not all of the time in the world to choose a new manager. Those charged with making the decision need to get together to reduce the list of 10 (if that is how high the number of candidates are :o) down to around 3 tomorrow. They then need to find out who of them is interested in the job and decide who their first choice is. The decision for me needs to be based on who will be most likely to hit the ground running, get a squad that others have brought into the club winning games and looking at the top 6 rather than the bottom 6, Lets not hang around lets get a new manager appointed by this weekend.   

• Like 1