Next Villa Manager

Richard

Spoke to my dad this evening - Steve Bruce drinks in a local near where my dad works (Dorridge) and his solicitor is a regular client in my dad's place and he was in today - said whilst Bruce was at Hull he'd have "walked to Villa Park from the KC Stadium for an interview" and that he "wouldn't be surprised if he was there by Christmas if Di Matteo has a bad start"

Not even claiming ITK, but thought Id pass it on. Plus it means I can break out my "Steve Bruce once bought me a bag of compost" story if anyone cares enough B)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

So this is the likely list based on recent speculation - Mick McCarthy, Steve Bruce, Simon Grayson, Sean Dyche, David Wagner, Steve Clarke (Argh..Why?), Nathan Jones, Dean Smith, ????

Warnock

I am going to say something that's a bit out there but please hear me out. 

I have come to this conclusion after reading literally dozens on posts on this thread about this subject. 

What I have to say is this -  maybe we should consider not singing the Tony Xia went to x in an x car song.

There,  I've said it. It's radical I know and I realise this would only leave us with just the one song,  but it may just open us up to a whole new range of managers whose names don't rhyme with cars. 

If this offends anyone I can only apologise but I think it needs to be said. 

• Like 1

Here's an idea, let's look forward and choose a new manager, instead of picking one that in one way or another has contributed to our demise over the last six years! 

No Martin O'Neill, no to Paul Lambert, and a big HELL NO to Timmy Sherwood! 

19 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

Those names have all been linked, why is it lazy to say they're not on the list? 

Linked where mate? "Sky sources" (skybet) have claimed we are interviewing Cotterell,we haven't been linked with any of the others. 

Right it looks like Bruce is odds on. Now I know this market can be moved easily but RDM, Garde and Sherwood were all the only manager's that becomes odds on before being appointed. That said OGS become odds on before we appointed Lambert. 

I want Wagner! :(

6 minutes ago, av1 said:

I'd never even heard of this Wagner fella a couple of days ago, so is it wrong to be quite excited by the idea?

This year's Solksjaer. A left field idea that seems more alluring as the idea sinks in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, darrenm said:

This year's Solksjaer. A left field idea that seems more alluring as the idea sinks in.

Sorry Darren but that's rubbish. Solksjaer was never top of the championship like Wagner has. Only success he has was at molde when he rejected us

1 hour ago, sexbelowsound said:

I thought this TImmy talk was a joke??

One of the worst managers we've ever had.

Yes, and I am very surprised at the legs it seems to have too, unexpected support seemingly?? Who are these Villa fans?