Books You'd Like to See Made into Films

maqroll

It's a strange question actually because they are books that NEED to be made into films but there are other books that I love that I would go absolutely ape shit about if they made them into films, even though it could work it wouldn't be the film I had in my head if tht makes sense

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

The Dark - James Herbert.

One of my all time favourite books. 

Portents by Herbert would too make an epic disaster movie.

bit of a Herbert fan then, in that case then I would love to see 'the others' made into a film, it is just so crazy it wouldn't work though

The rats

the magic cottage

MOON

Once

Sepuchre

The Fog

they could all be made into films if they were done right.

Didn't they make the legend of crickley hall into an ITV drama (could have been secret of crickley hall, I can't remember the exact title) if had Steve McDonalds wifer in it (him out of corrie)

'Nobody True' would make a good series as well, not a film but an 8 part series maybe

Not a film but I think romance of the three kingdoms would make for an epic to series

if you've never heard of it before it's one of the 4 great Chinese novels, it's a good read, it's basically a glorified history book with plenty of artistic license 

There's been bits of the book done in film before, notably John woo doing the battle of red cliff but that's only a small part of it, if they could give it the game of thrones treatment but with some good martial arts in it too it would be huge

15 hours ago, V01 said:

You are in luck, SyFy are supposedly making it as a Game of Thrones "killer"

I've read Consider Phlebas and the Game Player from Iain M Banks and while both would make good films I'm struggling to see how it would make a GOT style series but maybe all of them together tie together. 

What do people consider to be the best book of the Culture series? 

My vote for a TV show would be Cryptonomicon, think that would be fricking ace of done well.

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

I've read Consider Phlebas and the Game Player from Iain M Banks and while both would make good films I'm struggling to see how it would make a GOT style series but maybe all of them together tie together. 

What do people consider to be the best book of the Culture series? 

The Use of Weapons is usually regarded as the best. I also particularly like Excession, but that's not one you'd start with. I actually really disliked that book to begin with as a lot of it plays like a joke you're not in on until you've read a few more. There's also another good one but saying its a Culture novel is pretty much a spoiler. Or maybe not... :)

Edited by Chindie

13 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

bit of a Herbert fan then, in that case then I would love to see 'the others' made into a film, it is just so crazy it wouldn't work though

The rats

the magic cottage

MOON

Once

Sepuchre

The Fog

they could all be made into films if they were done right.

Didn't they make the legend of crickley hall into an ITV drama (could have been secret of crickley hall, I can't remember the exact title) if had Steve McDonalds wifer in it (him out of corrie)

'Nobody True' would make a good series as well, not a film but an 8 part series maybe

I totally forgot about Mr Herbert,  great call on his books to film.  

• 2 years later...

so the passage got made in to a pretty poor TV series and good omens in to a fairly decent one

3 kingdoms got made in to an apparently superb total war game so maybe its creeping in to the west enough for the TV series to come

The Jack Reacher series needs to go to someone who fits the bill, now Tom Cruise has been seen to be "the wrong stature" although I did hear a TV series was in the offing.

Ray Stevenson as Reacher, please.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

The Jack Reacher series needs to go to someone who fits the bill, now Tom Cruise has been seen to be "the wrong stature" although I did hear a TV series was in the offing.

Ray Stevenson as Reacher, please.

having not read the books and not being overly bothered by them making him a dwarf I really enjoyed cruise's jack reacher films

he owns the rights so I doubt another film will be made without him

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

having not read the books and not being overly bothered by them making him a dwarf I really enjoyed cruise's jack reacher films

he owns the rights so I doubt another film will be made without him

Yeah the films were good, but if you'd read the books you'd think "wtf"?

• Like 1

Â