Pre-Match thread

Brumstopdogs

I wonder why there's no McCormack? I reckon there might have been a few choice words said between him and Kodjia during or after Saturdays game. Yes, Kodjia could have squared to McCormack in the first half but then we had a break after that when McCormack had a simple forwards pass available to Kodjia to set him free and he didn't give it. If there is something going on because of that they need to cut it out because we can't afford that kind of stuff when we are in our current position. 

• Like 1

This can't be the worst squad we've fielded.. Gabby isn't in it. 

It's fair enough for me. Bruce is learning the players. Who knows, Gardner might play better in a proper formation. I also don't think Jedi is as bad as others have made out. 

If it fails and Bruce doesn't learn and mix it up, then I'll moan. 

• Like 2

Another experiment but nothing to lose with the squad we have and the injuries.

Tish would maybe  get the nod over Gardner and maybe McCormack for Kodja but the rest seems logical under the circumstances, injuries poor form .

I reckon a 3-1 win here , not sure why. UTV

2 minutes ago, NottingVilla said:

Any particular reason our best player is on the bench? We ain't to win this match with that SHAT line-up.

Not sure, Westwood should be starting without a doubt though I agree :ph34r:

16 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It happens with other teams majority of the time week in week out,

i.e  James Milner played LB last night for the plop.. He is a natural midfielder!

Jurgen Klopp must have lost the plot as well!

So you do think that playing one midfielder is good?

I think that is the 'fittest' team he could have picked (with the exception of Jedinak who I believe SB excused on Saturday due to his long journey as opposed to just being unfit!).

Hutton may be cr@& but he will run all day, likewise Cissokho.  McCormack never really looks like he has that much running in him, Tsihbola looked dead on his feet and Ayew is potentially carrying a knock so in some ways his selection makes sense.

There is a an argument that should we be level at the hour mark (and with no injuries to use up our subs) then we are better placed than Reading to push for a win.  Clearly all of that relies upon us being level, but it is not outside the realms of possibility, even for Villa.  I just think that SB still hasn't had enough time to implement a style of play and certainly not enough to make radical tactical changes so I can see why but I'm not sure if it is the right decision.   I guess we'll know in 2 hours time.  UTV

• Like 1