PieFacE

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

My absolute favourite of these late-stage-decline-era Arsenal players is Cedric.

How is that still a thing? He hasn't put in a sustained period of decent performances for about half a decade!

Gave him a 4 year contract as well

47 minutes ago, Mantis said:

When was the last time we finished above Arsenal in the league? Because it's definitely possible this year.

Though they still have Newcastle, West Brom, Crystal Palace & Brighton to play so I’d expect them to pick up a decent amount of points.  

Would be great if we could finish above them though!

14 hours ago, Mantis said:

When was the last time we finished above Arsenal in the league? Because it's definitely possible this year.

95/96, we finished 4th and they were 5th. Think it was same points, goal difference and we finished above them on goals scored. Wenger came in the following season.

9 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Look at the run ins for both sides. We won’t finish above them. 

They'll lose at Chelsea and possible draws v Brighton and perhaps Palace. Would leave them on about 55-56 points and our GD remains slightly better. Play like we did v Everton and we can win another two games this season I reckon so will be tight if we can get to that standard again.

Been getting pelters on twitter, but please correct me if I'm wrong. 

Arsenal are historically an average, upper mid table club. They got lucky with a generational manager and team and are now back in, what is probably their correct place? 

They are a business being ran accordingly. They can't compare to Man U and Liverpool. Man City and Chelsea are affectively play toys for rich people. 

What do they expect? 

6 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Arsenal are historically an average, upper mid table club. They got lucky with a generational manager and team and are now back in, what is probably their correct place? 

No you are wrong, they had still won more league titles than Villa before Wenger came in 

They had won 10 league titles before the Prem era.

Aren't they the only club never to be relegated too although I'm pretty sure they did something dodgy to avoid it one year despite finishing in the relegation places.

20 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

They had won 10 league titles before the Prem era.

Aren't they the only club never to be relegated too although I'm pretty sure they did something dodgy to avoid it one year despite finishing in the relegation places.

Not sure but Everton have never been relegated

35 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

They are a business being ran accordingly. They can't compare to Man U and Liverpool. Man City and Chelsea are affectively play toys for rich people. 

What do they expect? 

That could be said about Chelsea before abramovich. Arsenal have always been a big club winning the double in 71, FA cups when it meant something and thar last minute title at Anfield uinder Graham i think 

Just now, Zatman said:

Everton have been relegated. Arsenal is the longest team in the top flight

That is what I get from Everton fans around me and thats without googling it so guess they may have bene relegated 60 or 70 years ago. 

39 minutes ago, Zatman said:

No you are wrong, they had still won more league titles than Villa before Wenger came in 

So? We've won the league 7 times, FA Cup 7 (I think) and the EL. Doesn't mean it's an insult that we aren't in the champions league. 

Â