PieFacE

I don't think they were that bad really. I love the way they play out from the back and beat the press, they did it time and time again. Their problems were up-front really, just don't think Lacazette is all that good, nothing sticks with him. Thought Odegaard looked very good when he came on, not sure how they're going to balance the minutes of him, Smith Rowe and Saka unless they play them all in a 3 behind Auba.

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Looks like Emi was lucky to get away with this. His argument is that he was pushed first, but still.

He is blocking the keeper though, i be shocked to see any ref give that as goalkeepers are so protected on set pieces

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He is blocking the keeper though, i be shocked to see any ref give that as goalkeepers are so protected on set pieces

I think a ref can't give it, he will never ever see it clear enough through the crowd, it's a proper dark art and "clever" play, and as much as emi pulls his shirt lacazette is already leaning in to him 

VAR is a different story though 

I don't remember sky seeing it, they showed a couple of replays but no detailed analysis of it 

21 hours ago, villalad21 said:

After watching some of it it's very telling.

They are mostly blaming VAR and the ref.

The reality is they didn't lose because of VAR. They lost because their team isn't that great and got beaten fair and square.

They aren't the club they once were and they still haven't accepted it.

I always find the main presenter (don’t know his name) to be fair and much more reasonable than the others. He’s actually articulate for one. 

• Like 1

Saw a tweet from AFTV asking if Watkins would get in to arsenal's team

The responses are pretty much a summation of where arsenal are, seemingly none of their fans would touch him, auba and lacazette are much better 

They want the big boy name, the CL striker, the international, the name that makes other clubs jealous... Auba and lacazette are mugging them off to the tune of £400k a week, "quality in there" yeah and no doubt its the manager who can't find it 

Watkins is everything that team needs

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Saw a tweet from AFTV asking if Watkins would get in to arsenal's team

The responses are pretty much a summation of where arsenal are, seemingly none of their fans would touch him, auba and lacazette are much better 

They want the big boy name, the CL striker, the international, the name that makes other clubs jealous... Auba and lacazette are mugging them off to the tune of £400k a week, "quality in there" yeah and no doubt its the manager who can't find it 

Watkins is everything that team needs

Lacazette and Auba are very good though. They just happen to be more expensive than Watkins.

Watkins has only played 20 games in the premier league and other fans hadn’t heard of him 4 months ago.   

So it’s fair enough that they don’t want Watkins yet.  

Give Watkins a full season for everyone to know him properly and show that he’s a consistent striker and then they’ll all want him.

Arsenal don't need quality, they need effort

Auba and lacazette are so far off effort that Watkins walks in to their team right now, lacazette pulled out of 2 challenges with mings in the 1st minute yesterday, that kind of thing is killing arsenal 

That's what I mean when I say Watkins is everything they need but their fans think he's beneath them and would rather they got another £50m show pony in

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roonst83 said:

I always find the main presenter (don’t know his name) to be fair and much more reasonable than the others. He’s actually articulate for one. 

Even the presenter blamed VAR and the ref.

They are just deflecting blame over to something or someone else when the real problem is they are simply not good enough.

Edited by villalad21

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Villaphan04 said:

I still don't know what Arsenal under Arteta is supposed to be? And I know he was under pressure earlier this year, but I don't understand why Arteta isn't under more pressure now. 

He's been there 18 months now and on the verge of not finishing higher than 8th in either season and being knocked out of europa by Olympiakos and Slavia Prague.

Emery in his one season following Wenger should've finished top 4 and eventually finished 5th and got Arsenal to europa final by beating likes of Napoli and Valencia. Yet was laughed out of town by people mocking him saying "gud ebening."

Arteta dosen't half have some fanboys in the press still although it's turning again I suspect.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

As if Arsenal can even consider themselves a big 6 team ever since Wenger left.

They have struggled tons this season and there fans had called for the managers head.

When you keep expensive player on and decide to get rid of lots of staff, do you think the rest of the world sees you labelled as a big 6 club.

Personally if they are considered a big 6 club by the other 5 it's only out of pity, no doubt because they follow along and are most scared that they are losing ground now each season to more teams..

They are a laughing Joke.

On 21/04/2021 at 13:28, Dave-R said:

As if Arsenal can even consider themselves a big 6 team ever since Wenger left.

They have struggled tons this season and there fans had called for the managers head.

When you keep expensive player on and decide to get rid of lots of staff, do you think the rest of the world sees you labelled as a big 6 club.

Personally if they are considered a big 6 club by the other 5 it's only out of pity, no doubt because they follow along and are most scared that they are losing ground now each season to more teams..

They are a laughing Joke.

If you’re listing the 6 biggest clubs in the Premier League, then they still would qualify in that top 6.

Only Leicester are close to being consistently better than Arsenal.

On 08/04/2021 at 22:50, Villaphan04 said:

I still don't know what Arsenal under Arteta is supposed to be? And I know he was under pressure earlier this year, but I don't understand why Arteta isn't under more pressure now. 

A football club that still generates a lot of money for the owner and having a coach to placate at least  the majority of the fans for the time being?

• Like 1

Â