The Championship thread

TrentVilla

I really do like the Forest squad not jsut because they are entertaining games but the randomness of it all. Kasami, Perquis, Bendtner, Lichaj, Velios and Stojkovic. all blasts from the past plus them not afraid to play youngsters

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

Not watched today but those two reds could hit Newcastle... What happened to shelveys previous ban (was it racial abuse?)

they said during the game that his trial is week before christmas

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

That referee should be sacked. I've never seen anything like it.

except for the Clark goal I think he got most decisions right :blink:

dunno how the lad Hayden didnt get a yellow card all game

• Like 1

Don't like to say it but Rafa knows how to organise a team, even one down to 9 men. When Forest got the second goal thought Newcastle looked the more threatening.

Lansbury looked a better player when moved into the middle in the second half and pinged some great passes like Shelvey in the first. Looks a more mobile version of Huddlestone and better than anything Villa have currently in midfield. 

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

except for the Clark goal I think he got most decisions right :blink:

dunno how the lad Hayden didnt get a yellow card all game

Clarke's goal should have been given, sending off Dummett was just wrong (a penalty is sufficient punishment for a foul in the box unless it's a professional foul, since the rule revisions in the summer that this ref clearly slept through), Newcastle should have had a penalty... That was 12 men vs 9.

• Like 1

I'm still not sold on Lansbury :s  

No doubt he's a goal threat, but seems a bit selfish to me, some of his passes were off and he's not very quick.

Seems decent, but for the money I'm sure forest will be asking for maybe we'd be better off with someone else? 

Preston seem an harmonious club :blink:

CHAMPIONSHIP: PRESTON’S JERMAINE BECKFORD AND EOIN DOYLE SENT OFF FOR FIGHTING WITH EACH OTHER V SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 

3rd, December 2016

Preston were beaten 2-1 away to Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday with the Lilywhites seeing two of their players sent off for fighting among themselves.

The two eejits in question were Jermaine Beckford and Eoin Doyle, who clashed in the last minute of the game with the score at 2-1 to the home side.

The incident occurred after Doyle failed to pass to Beckford as the visitors looked for an equaliser. What followed was rather silly…

The sending off of those two Preston players made it three red cards in total in the Championship clash, after Fernando Forestieri was dismissed for an off-the-ball incident in the second-half with Ben Pearson.

One presumes Preston Simon Grayson isn’t too happy at this moment in time!

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/videos/247654/championship-prestons-jermaine-beckford-and-eoin-doyle-sent-off-for-fighting-with-each-other-v-sheffield-wednesday-video.html

Edited by sne

Â