The Championship thread

TrentVilla

15 hours ago, VillaChris said:

SHA are a bit lucky....they have yet to play either Newcastle or Brighton this season, possibly the only championship side not to play either yet?

Just had a look and they play both within 7 days in December so there's our chance to catch them up.

Lets hope they dont get a fluke day when the team decides not to turn up like norwich at home where they absolutely shite. 

Huddersfield won't make the top 6.

IMO it will be us, Derby, Sheff Weds and then one surprise team....I thought Bristol City at start of season but they've dipped lately.

Reading are doing very well currently, they're only 4 points off Brighton in auto spots.

At the moment you'd have to think Villa, Derby, sha & the last one between Wednesday & Jaap Stam's Reading.

That Norwich City squad are definitely well capable if they can arrest their slide. Five losses on the spin must hurt like a mofo, but they won't be that bad forever and even with that run they're still only 2pts off the playoffs.  I'd like to see Leeds stay in the mix but I think they might lack something over the course of a full season.   Huddersfield look done and dusted, although in their defence that was always a false position and it was to their credit that they were there in the first place.  The wildcard for me is Notts Forest.  They're chock full of goals so if they could shore up at the back they could go on a run.  They're not a million miles away.

But with all that said, it's way too early and plenty is going to happen between now and the end of the season.  Who's to say we won't catch Brighton or the Barcodes ;) 

48 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Interested to see Leeds in action this evening...

Extra time, injuries and suspensions please football gods.

Having lived in Leeds for over 16 years and married to a Leeds lass I am supporting them tonight and will be booing them on Saturday. 

That said I'm praying for extra time, injuries etc too! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Brighton and Reading need to start slipping up. I hate the thought of us going to playoffs to get promoted. 

You say that as though we are 4th in the league. There are plenty of other clubs vying for promotion and they are all above us in the table. I know we are improving but it's not just Brighton and Reading we have to catch.

Am I the only one who thinks SHA won't make the play offs?

Gary Rowett has done an amazing job there and they've got some great results again lately but I don't think there's a huge squad depth there particularly in defence and some of the late wins they've been getting I reckon will be draws and defeats as the season goes on.

• Like 1

Â