The Championship thread

TrentVilla

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Surely you mean Newcastle? Not played well again today but winning at a ground where we were comfortably beaten.

No way they aren't getting auto promotion.

Brighton looking good for 2nd....I think Norwich are a little overrated tbh.

Nah Brighton will walk it, Newcastle don't seem as impressive, I think they will fall away. 

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

Nah Brighton will walk it, Newcastle don't seem as impressive, I think they will fall away. 

Yet they are winning every game. They are champions. Brighton or Norwich for second. Bloody di Matteo useless clearing in the woods, we would have been in the mix if we didn't drop so many points under him

• Like 1

Brighton were very unlucky to miss out last year...got pretty much 90 points and still couldn't get automatic....think it will be less for 2nd this year but they can keep clean sheets and have plenty of goalscorers so they're in a pretty good place I'd suggest to be runners up to Newcastle.

33 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Newcastle will walk it. I'd imagine Brighton 2nd.

As for playoffs, who knows. The lack of quality in this league is quite incredible. Huddersfield and Norwich 3rd and 4th and neither of them are particularly good.

I may be mistaken but Brighton did very well last season and then they lost a game and went through a very dreadful run of form. If that happens again its wide open for 2nd. Huddersfield are fading like we expected, Norwich had a awful result but i think they may bounce back. i think Sheffield Wednesday cant be ruled out either 

I think the teams in for 2nd/play offs will be norwich, sheff wed, brighton, reading, blose, bristol city, leeds and potentially us  if we turn this around with a few wins 

i expect 2nd will be between brighton and norwich 

Some mental results this weekend.  I couldn't see anyone beating Norwich by 5 goals so that's seriously impressive stuff from Brighton.  And as for Huddersfield.  Oof.  It's quite telling that even when they were doing well, they never won a game by more than a single goal.  They've now lost 3 of their last 4, although on paper at least they're about to get an easier (lower in the league) average next 4 than anyone else.  As well as the noses (7th), they face 21st placed Cardiff, 22nd placed Wigan and 23rd placed Blackburn.

Brighton along with Newcastle the most impressive side I've seen this season, but unlike against Brighton we actually gave Newcastle a game.

Think Newcastle and Brighton will be top 2, squad depth will be the main factor between the two.

• 2 weeks later...
Â