The Championship thread

TrentVilla

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Am I the only one who thinks SHA won't make the play offs?

Gary Rowett has done an amazing job there and they've got some great results again lately but I don't think there's a huge squad depth there particularly in defence and some of the late wins they've been getting I reckon will be draws and defeats as the season goes on.

They have a good chance of the play offs. I'd hate to play them at Wembley. They'd need to bring the army in.

I think they will make it, but they did start like this last season then after the turn of xmas they started running out of steam and started falling. But I understand they will have money in January now so I cant see same happening. The games coming up for them against Brighton and Newcastle will determine if they are serious contenders

5 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

They might have a bit of money, relative to what they had before at least but trust me when I say their new owner is not like ours. They aren't going to pump money into the club.

I hope so mate 

17 hours ago, One For The Road said:

You say that as though we are 4th in the league. There are plenty of other clubs vying for promotion and they are all above us in the table. I know we are improving but it's not just Brighton and Reading we have to catch.

I am aware where we are in the league, but I can still hope for other clubs to slip up for our future benefit.

17 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I am aware where we are in the league, but I can still hope for other clubs to slip up for our future benefit.

Oh absolutely. And I'm with you on that. It's just that you only mentioned 2 of them and we need a fair few more than that to slip up if we are going to go up. Brighton will be a big ask though, I think they have the minerals to go all the way this time.

I'd say tonight's game will be a barnstormer.  Here's my reasoning :) 

1. The 2 top scoring sides in the division.
  2. The team whose games contain the most amount of goals versus the top away scoring team in the division.
  3. Only Newcastle have scored more than Forest and only Rotherham have conceded more than them.
  4. Only Forest and Villa have scored in every home game this season.
  5. Newcastle (and Reading) have only failed to score once away from home this season which is also the best record.
  6. Only Oakwell has seen more goals this season than the City Ground.

Watch it be 0-0 now <- Suffice it to say neither side has been involved in a 0-0 this season.

EDIT : Oh and Newcastle went to penalties on Tuesday which can't have helped much.

5 hours ago, BOF said:

I'd say tonight's game will be a barnstormer.  Here's my reasoning :) 

1. The 2 top scoring sides in the division.
  2. The team whose games contain the most amount of goals versus the top away scoring team in the division.
  3. Only Newcastle have scored more than Forest and only Rotherham have conceded more than them.
  4. Only Forest and Villa have scored in every home game this season.
  5. Newcastle (and Reading) have only failed to score once away from home this season which is also the best record.
  6. Only Oakwell has seen more goals this season than the City Ground.

Watch it be 0-0 now <- Suffice it to say neither side has been involved in a 0-0 this season.

EDIT : Oh and Newcastle went to penalties on Tuesday which can't have helped much.

I'm going, if it's 0-0 now me and you'll be having words! ;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I'm going, if it's 0-0 now me and you'll be having words! ;)

* Past Performance Is No Guarantee of Future Results

Â