International Football General Chat

villa4europe

I’m not sure some of these players even know what they’re supposed to be doing. There seems to be no game plan at all. In the space of 2 minutes we have maguire in the penalty area attacking and Harry Kane making tackles at right back. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Low has announced he's leaving Germany so they're doomed

The rest will turn up in the summer and next November and not care too much about these games 

The problem with England is we've seen us get the best qualifying record before, most goals before, smash everyone... And then do shite in the tournament

Have you seen anything in these 3 games to say we would be any half decent team in the euros? 

Not really but I got this feeling it could be a poor tournament in general so the best of a bad bunch could win it.   Plus still got Jack to come in to team and options such as Rashford. 

1 minute ago, tom_avfc said:

I’m not sure some of these players even know what they’re supposed to be doing. There seems to be no game plan at all. In the space of 2 minutes we have maguire in the penalty area attacking and Harry Kane making tackles at right back. 

Walker in centre mid now. 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not really but I got this feeling it could be a poor tournament in general so the best of a bad bunch could win it.   Plus still got Jack to come in to team and options such as Rashford. 

It would not surprise me in the slightest if Lingard is taken instead of Jack.

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

I just remembered someone one here the other day saying that Stones and Kane were the only guaranteed starters :lol: 

Me! 

Based on PL form and who the alternatives are they're starters, Kane easily, he won't drop him for DCL, as much as we all want him to Southgate isn't dropping stones or maguire for mings let alone konsa 

Throw in rice and sterling too as his favourites, sterlings position should really be up for grabs, too much competition for there to be a guaranteed starter there 

It’s almost impossible to blame the players because the system is horrendous. I would make three exceptions to that though.

Firstly the mistake from John Stones is horrendous and has cost England 2 points here.

Secondly , Kalvin Phillips looks absolutely nowhere near the level required.

Thirdly, Harry Kane doing whatever he wants and never being in the box to score goals is embarrassing. At least with Rooney he was actually half decent when he dropped deeper. Kane is just limiting the impact he can have on the game.

1 minute ago, EastEndVillan said:

what is the point of Phillips.

If it wasn't Philips it'd be Winks, Dier, or another wet blanket in midfield that only takes the ball from behind the back 4.

• Like 1

Â