International Football General Chat

villa4europe

Just now, Rino8 said:

Nah he was a solid championship player as a box to box, now he's obviously a better player now than he was then but he's better deep. 

With Rice being about 5 years younger I don't see the point starting Phillips over him since they want to do the same thing. 

The two together against a good team where we play actual wingers could be a good shout but this isn't the way to go at all.

I'm not saying that Phillips shouldn't be in the squad but he shouldn't be started anywhere apart from DM, especially when we have Maddison seemingly not getting a look in.

Just now, TheAuthority said:

I'm not saying that Phillips shouldn't be in the squad but he shouldn't be started anywhere apart from DM, especially when we have Maddison seemingly not getting a look in.

He shouldn't be in the squad, totally random to bring him, like he just wants to apease the Leeds fans cause he didn't bring Bamford.

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Stan colly more actually tweeting some sense

One of the best finishers in the world dropping deep to hold the ball up letting midfield runners go past him... How's that become a thing? 

And that's why he lets midfield runners go past him.   2-0. 

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Have stepped it up in the second versus a game if somewhat limited opponent.

I will be more interested to see what happens when we play France, Germany, Spain, Italy etc in the summer.

I can tell you. Southgate will be exposed as a fraud. Again.

We had such an easy run to the Semis in the WC until we met Croatia and then we looked completely lost.

• Like 2

Just now, The_Rev said:

And that's why he lets midfield runners go past him.   2-0. 

Waht about the passage of play then before the free kick

Kane got 2 touches of the ball in our half, deeper than phillips

That's what I don't get why he's doing it, that's what Rooney did for years 

Â