Your Predictions of How our season will pan out

Grasshopper

I think it'll take us a while to get going.  Owing to the fact that we have largely got the same group of players, even allowing for the improvements around the fringes, I think there will be an inevitable hangover from last season.  They'll be tentative and, because of an unforgiving and immediately hostile crowd, they'll be afraid not to make mistakes and therefore to try anything.  I think our opening fixture away to last season's beaten playoff finalist is about the hardest we could have picked, so that won't do us any favours in the confidence department.

I think the season will get better the more matches we play, as we figure out that this league is not as tough as everyone likes to say it is and is in fact littered with absolute dross (yes, even worse than us).  I think ultimately we'll probably finish in or around the playoff places.  Somewhere between 5th & 9th.  Our transfer business in both windows from now onwards will determine whereabouts within that range we finish.

I think we should be going into it full of confidence and with the intention of battering everyone.  I just worry that they'll believe the hype.  Yes, the hype that this 2nd tier.  This league where there's a 'gulf in class' to the Premier League is in some way really hard.

My heart says we go up.  My head says we may not.

So if about half the teams in CH are shite, what will happen when

We, a shite team full of shite players who dont give a f*** and give up once a goal down - play another shite team full of shite players who give their all and dont give up once they go 1 down against a team who they know are shite too with shite players who dont give a f*** and give up once they go a goal down

Who's gonna take the points? The fans? VT? Mendi?

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Like 1

I certain we will finish in the top 24.

We defiantly won't win any premier league games this season.

Finally Randy Lerner won't attend a single match.

So , to summarise I think we will finish 5th and make the playoffs but miss out on promotion.

• Like 1

I don't think there's a hope in hell the current squad will get promoted.

Won't go down either so I'd be inclined to agree with Holloway's prediction of 16th.

*Unless we sign 4 or 5 before the end of the window

• Like 2

The more I think about the more negative I get. The job RDM and the coaches have to do is massive. The squad is a total mess with not much quality. 4 or 5 signings this transfer window and 1 or 2 more in January might get us in to the playoffs.

I go with 6th but that is more heart than head.

18th as it stands. 12th of we make lots of new signings and get rid of the **** who took us down.  The only players I'd have kept are Gana, Gil, Clark, Amavi, Ayew and Grealish. 1st 3 of those have gone.  I have zero confidence in Aston Villa whatsoever to have a good season. 

Edited by One For The Road

One win in the first five games. Gabby to be parachuted back into the team but doesn't do anything. Defence leaky and gives away silly goals. Xia to be fined by the FA for saying something silly on Twitter. RDM catchphrase to be 'Will take a long time to rebuild'. Sacked by end of March with us 6 points above relegation zone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pilchard said:

One win in the first five games. Gabby to be parachuted back into the team but doesn't do anything. Defence leaky and gives away silly goals. Xia to be fined by the FA for saying something silly on Twitter. RDM catchphrase to be 'Will take a long time to rebuild'. Sacked by end of March with us 6 points above relegation zone.

That is pretty much where i am at.

Lots of people saying we will get 9/10 points from the first 5 games, I just can't see how given that little has changed (other than the opposition of course)

Sure the teams we play will be of a poorer standard but like it or not we are a target/big club in this league who many of the teams will not have played before (or at least recently) so will be likely to raise their game trying to get some glory.

Nobody in the premier league needed to raise their game against us over the past few seasons as we were just another bottom 6 team that everyone expected to get something from.

To put things into some sort of perspective in Our last 3 seasons combined we have won 23 league games out of 114.

All of the promoted teams from this division last year won more games than that.

• Like 2

a miserable season of mid-table mediocrity because even with McCormack we wont get enough goals to beat teams that come to Villa Park to sit back

I imagine we will see a lot of 0-0 or 1-1 games at home be like think the last season at home under MON

55 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Saw someone post this on twitter. That team has good chance of promotion

image.jpeg

I can't see any reason why we won't be able to field this team once everyone's fit (and signed). It could go either way, this season is a massive unknown at the moment. We need more players for sure but we do have a few that could do well.