Your Predictions of How our season will pan out

Grasshopper

Champions and some of the players who are villains at the moment to be heroes by the end of the season. Don't think Newcastle will run away with it, like some think. There will probably be a surprise team in the mix as well.

Edited by useless

9 minutes ago, useless said:

Champions and some of the players who are villains at the moment to be Villans by the end of the season. Don't think Newcastle will run away with it, like some think. There will probably be a surprise team in the mix as well.

Edited your post for added hilarity. 

Also I should do my prediction... Top half all season with a couple more additions before the window shuts. Push for promotion through the play offs and probably make it to Wembley... From there it's a lottery. Fingers crossed though.

Edited by alreadyexists

Without further squad changes, I foresee another tricky campaign - maybe Holloway wasn't too far off the mark. As much as I dislike the man for his 'half arsed club who used to be famous' routine in the Charlie Adam saga, I can understand his prediction to be honest. 

There's still time for the Club to make the changes needed to dig us out of the Championship (onwards and upwards), but I think it's going to be a bumpy start. I don't believe that Wednesday away is going to be the fairy tale of 1991 sadly.  

It's not looking great right now but a lot can happen between now and May. We've got one and a half transfer windows to add to our squad and a lot of games to play. In that time the team might click and start to perform, it might not. It's too early to say with any confidence. I'm cautiously hopeful that we will do ok. I'm not expecting miracles or promotion, I'm just going to hope for the best and try to enjoy it*. After all that's what footballs meant to be about isn't it?

*I know it's hard to enjoy the football we've been subjected to for the last several years. 

Edited by It's Your Round

Top half. I think we'll be pushing for promotion either via the play-offs or fighting it out at the top.

It won't be easy but even the players we currently have should be good enough for a top half finish...

Beaten by Sheffield Wednesday, leading to a slow start. Comfortably mid-table at Christmas, and then some January activity sees us make a push for the playoffs which I think we'll just about sneak into. Who knows if we'll win them - I'll be optimistic and say yes, after hammering Blues 4-0 at Wembley hopefully

Uninspiring start, though not bottom 6 bad. Then some improvement. Around 6-9th by the end of the season. 

We'll struggle to dominate games even at home. 

Midfield physically weak and at the same time not good enough on the ball. 

We'll allow a lot of goals from set pieces. 

A lot of long ball football. 

I predict Xia will be banned from Twitter.

Also think we'll struggle for goals and never become consistent enough to mount a serious challenge for promotion.

Think we'll eventually become solid enough at the back so that relegation will never become a serious concern.

Season will be one excruciatingly long mediocre transport towards the next transfer windows where we all hope we can finally add some real quality, but will ultimately be disappointed.

• Like 1

I read "with what we got" "our squad" IF they have a good season" "our best 11" a lot.

These are the players who's heads dropped, and fell apart at 1-1 (knowing they were going to concede again) going on to lose 1-3 at home in a friendly.

So everything will change within a week. Attitude, confidence, ability, new players & a style of play?

With every bad performance, goal conceded and defeat, the team will sink lower and lower thus RDMs job becoming harder

• Like 1

Beuno Estentes

As seen on a T shirt........same shit, only the depth varies........

I think we will struggle big time, unless we get some new players in and fast.......show......

But.....

Theory out the window. Free expression of football. Uncategorisable. Is that a word? It is now! You know? Far cry from small boys in the park, jumpers for goalposts. Rush goalie. Two at the back, three in the middle, four up front, one's gone home for his tea. Beans on toast? Possibly, don't quote me on that. Marvellous.

Boutros Boutros Ghali

Edited by eddiemunster
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, useless said:

Champions and some of the players who are villains at the moment to be heroes by the end of the season. Don't think Newcastle will run away with it, like some think. There will probably be a surprise team in the mix as well.

Nice Beach Boys reference, useless.

• Like 1

Maybe we need to try a different formation, say the Diamond Formation....

Diamond formation? Does anyone really know what that is? I mean, at least you knew where you were with Alf Ramsey's wingless wonders. You know? 4-4-2, 4-2-4, 4-3-3... 0898 654000, freephone double glazing?

If the transfer window was to shut today, or if there are no further inward changes to the squad, Holloway could be right when he says he could have been kind in putting us at 16th. We look like nailed on relegation candidates at the moment.

• Like 1

There's a long way to go in this Transfer window, and I expect us to still make at least two signings especially now that we are starting to sell. There are some very good teams in the Championship but there are some incredibly average ones too, and I would be very disappointed if we were below 12th in the table come May.

As it stands I don't think we have quite enough for automatic promotion, but an outside chance of a play-off place. There's nothing special about teams like Ipswich and Cardiff who have managed to compete for play-off positions in recent years so I see no reason why it is beyond us.