Your Predictions of How our season will pan out

Grasshopper

I predict the same kind of results & performances like last season.

Unsure at the back - mistakes leading to goals

No protection from the midfield

No dominance from our midfield

no creativity from our midfield apart from a few glimpses of hope from Ayew & Grealish.

I think RDM will use a few Cancers in the opening games, a few subs too, more in the away games.

The results and performances will see the fans turn quicker than ever before.

The burden of the home record will finally be too much for the fans and RDM

AVFC will be stting somewhere below midtable by The beginning of Nov.

The Shiesters will still all be here, the returnees, newbees & Youthers will all be dragged down by the Losers who F***ed us last season.

Heads will drop

RDM blowing the only real chance of succeeding by 2nd chancing, re-intigrating and/or tollerating the shiesters because he wouldnt/couldnt just sell them/give em away/banish them from the squad/Just tell them to stay at home till their contracts run out or their agents get their fingers out.

Grasshopper

ps It all starts to unfold live on TV this sunday

My F*** its gonna hurt so much just knowing whats going to happen unravel itself right before my own eyes. Knowing full well that our problems are there right in front of us, not even hidden, even dumbf***s like me can see it.

The thread will lock before the season starts to preserve the results. Limpid

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So you basically made this thread so you could have your own display board of all your comments throughout the forum? GENIUS!:D

Rename this the "W'ere doomed" thread.

If thats what you think

"Then get out of my thread or make a prediction"

6 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

If thats what you think

"Then get out of my thread or make a prediction"

I think we will be inconsistent, but eventually gel and limp to promotion. (hopefully) I think players like Amavi, Vertout, and Grealish will be much improved. I will also get shot for thinking Gabby will be much better for all his antics and criticism last season and play a big part.

I think Traore will play the odd game, destroy a couple defenses then get injured.

Gestede will score the odd important goal.

Bacuna will score a free kick.

Kodija will score on his debut, look like a donkey for a couple, then hit a purple patch a la Benteke.

Alan Hutton will be an unsung hero.

Tshibola becomes our Yaya Toure.

Gary Gardener becomes our Gerrard

All in all I feel we pull it together and get the results we need to gain promotion.

Villa fans stop being so miserable and support the team.

Get this, and other intriguing fictional novels at www.pieinthesky.com :P

With the current squad I'd expect a us to be as bad as last season, which would probably have us in the bottom half all season but just not bad enough to go down again. 

With 3-4 decent signings that go straight into the first team, I could see us in the top half with a challenge for the play-offs. 

I'd say we'll start the first 10 games of the season around midtable. Then coming into Christmas we'll have a mixed batch of results that will see us hover around midtable. Over christmas we'll have a sticky patch that we see us idle around in midtable. In January we'll sign one or two players that will see us cement our midtable position and then towards then end of the season the 46 games will take it's toll and it'll see us finish as champions. Oh no wait, in midtable.  

• Like 1

no idea. Won't be as bad as the more pessimistic here think, we have some players many championship teams would envy so if they have good seasons, then staying in and around the top 6 will be possible. 

I'm quite optimistic going into this season.  Perhaps I've not learned my lesson from previous seasons but I think we will be at the right end of the table.  Our best 11 would actually be capable of beating most teams in the league and with a couple of additions our squad will rival most in the top 10.

After a pre-season that saw us win a lot of easy games, the challenge/intensity of the Championship will catch some of our players off guard. 

We'll get off to a shaky start, possibly 3 points from first four games. Xia will panic and the chequebook will open wide. I've no idea if that will work.

A flurry of panic signings late in the window will either plug our gaps, or create further disharmony within the squad. Toss a coin and cross your fingers.

• Like 1

Start off slow as you can't turn confidence round over night but we will gradually get into our stride and make the play offs.   There we will be the form team and get promoted at Wembley.