The VT "It's the weekend!" thread

Xela

My weekend of no plans turned into going for a curry with my parents on Friday, going to the Everton v Leicester game on Saturday with my Leicester supporting bro in law and having an induction bouldering session on Sunday.

Doing things is fun, but when I'm back at work on Monday I always wish I'd done nothing but sleep on the weekend.

6 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

My weekend of no plans turned into going for a curry with my parents on Friday, going to the Everton v Leicester game on Saturday with my Leicester supporting bro in law and having an induction bouldering session on Sunday.

Doing things is fun, but when I'm back at work on Monday I always wish I'd done nothing but sleep on the weekend.

Unplanned things normally turn out better than anything that's planned. Some weekends I like doing **** all. You was in the Leicester end then?

6 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Doing things is fun, but when I'm back at work on Monday I always wish I'd done nothing but sleep on the weekend.

On the flip side, I had a weekend planned and didn't do anything due to wife and kid being ill.. Feels wasted.

Weekends are MY time, I love making the most of them and filling them up with things to do.  It is nice sometimes not to do anything though.

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

On the flip side, I had a weekend planned and didn't do anything due to wife and kid being ill.. Feels wasted.

Exactly this. I was still ill so had a quiet one and now feel as though its another wasted weekend. 

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Unplanned things normally turn out better than anything that's planned. Some weekends I like doing **** all. You was in the Leicester end then?

Yeah, it was fun being a glory hunter for 90 minutes. I nearly joined in with the 'champions of England, you'll never sing that' chant.

30 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Yeah, it was fun being a glory hunter for 90 minutes. I nearly joined in with the 'champions of England, you'll never sing that' chant.

Everton have won the league 9 times and two of those were in the mid 80s. Don't like Leicester. Plastic clearings in the woods. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Everton have won the league 9 times and two of those were in the mid 80s. Don't like Leicester. Plastic clearings in the woods. 

Yeah, that's what I was just about to say! Football fans have very short memories these days, and make themselves look pretty stupid. I could rant about inaccurate / cringe worthy chants for a long time. It's a massive bugbear of mine, and one that Villa fans are often guilty of too, to be fair. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Yeah, that's what I was just about to say! Football fans have very short memories these days, and make themselves look pretty stupid. I could rant about inaccurate / cringe worthy chants for a long time. It's a massive bugbear of mine, and one that Villa fans are often guilty of too, to be fair. 

I remember being in the holte about two year ago when we played arsenal. We got beat obviously and it was a 5.30 KO. Anyway some mongs near me started chanting 'you've never won **** all' luckily it was only a handful that started it but God I could of died with embarrassment. Cannot stand the new breed of football fan.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Tonight - a quiet one. Been a tough week, both work wise and on a personal level. Need a bit of down time

Tomorrow - Manchester/Salford for some drinks

Sunday - update CV and apply for a job I have seen. 

I'm doing nothing.  I have the "lurgy".  For the past 2 nights I've had barely little sleep due to coughing fits and the thing that pisses me off is that I had it all planned out:  I had work meetings planned today in Salisbury (nice, I thought... I could continue on up to Brum from there), I've had mates lined up for a few beers and I have Monday off.  I was in work yesterday and all I did was cough, wipe my nose, sweat and feel like rubbish.  Brandy calls. 

Well there is a bloke at work who is much loved by everyone and its his last day today, everyone that I speak to at work have gone out to say bye to him, I decided not to bother.

6 of my mates are going to go and watch trainspotting 2 and then go for a drink after, I decided not to bother.

8 cans of stella and a curry, on my own and I'm a happy little badger

I'm a lot more careful now than I used to be, if I go to the pub and everyone has 6 pints and goes home, I know that I will have 6 pints and stop off at the outdoor and get another 8 cans, I'd rather just have a quiet drink on my one and not wake up either hung over or with the horrors.

tomorrow, I refuse to pay for the boxing but I'll watch it and complain about it, probably have a few cans

Sunday, who knows, hopefully I'll get started on my book, its took me about 5 days to read 15 pages so I need to get going on that, gunna cook myself a Jamaican curry as well

full on rock n roll these days I am

38 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

and not wake up either hung over or with the horrors.

Yep. Woke up with those last 2 Saturday mornings! 

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

Yep. Woke up with those last 2 Saturday mornings! 

yeah thing is with me is that I'm a bit of an animal when it comes to drink, biggest problem that I have is that I can handle my drink, the drunkness creeps up on me, I'll be fine after 9 pints then the 10th one will get me going and by the 12/13th I'll stop giving a ****.

and again if I have 6 pints then I don't wanna stop so I carry on until I'm leathered.

best for me to have a quiet one at home, people always say 'jesus 8 stella and I'd be dead' but it really isn't a lot for me, I don't class it as a session until I hit my 12th can, 8 cans I'll do midweek no problem, saying that I don't do it all that often at all anymore.

I had  a steady 8 pints last night after work.

setting off about 3 to watch probably the greatest band ever but not until I've watched us get done over by forest. Anywhere around the Genting arena that will be showing the villa game? Will the sports bar have it on?

• Like 2

In the Acorn at the moment, council have tried to shut the place down countless times but it's like a **** phoenix from the flames, I don't mind the place, it's a shit hole full of drunks and bad music but it's my shit hole.

First time I've been here in months.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's been like a weekend all week (apart from work obv)...valentines night steak with missus, last night curry house (very nice new place to me) for her birthday, tonight step daughter is up from London so music and vodka, and they are planning on World Bar tomorrow so it could be a box of 6 again :)

Just now, Xann said:

You still coming down from time to time?

Yeah, next time will be April 22nd, the kids have moved now though to somewhere I can't remember but there's no **** parking

Â