The VT "It's the weekend!" thread

Xela

Not much for me this weekend (apart from watching the obvious on Sunday, followed by catching up with work :( ).  I had a good day today though.  A lovely lady who I've known for years but haven't really seen in ages decided to set up lots of random work meetings.  These meetings were all about catching up under the guise of work and she was blatantly flirting throughout.  Must. Do. Something.  

Edited by trekka
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Xela said:

What boozers you hitting? You got the crawl planned out?

Not a scooby, mates birthday so leaving it all to him. Knowing him he'll take us to some random pubs that no one else has ever heard of, he'll probably end up trying to brake dance somewhere or inadvertently offending someone

Quiet one for me tonight before driving up to Brum to spend time with the folks and younger sister - a bonfire, BBQ and fireworks await :)  I've then got to hotfoot it back early on Sunday as I've got a presentation to prepare for Monday :( Dammit... why didn't I get it completed in work today?!?!?!!!

First time in living memory* that I have nothing planned and could** therefore have a quiet one.

* Memory may be beer damaged.

** Probably won't.

Getting my dog groomed in the morning and then off in the motorised home to a place near market drayton where we will drink wine and I will subject the current MrsD to country music. Sunday will be spent with the grandson and heir. 

I was all geared up for a few cans and a curry tonight, as it happens I had a shit day at work so I'm sitting down and getting mullered on my own and I've scrapped the idea of a curry

tomorrow - go to the religious nuts down the road for breakfast and read a bit of my book, get home have a bit of piano practice, finish my book, complain that there is nothing on telly, order the meal that I was going to have on Friday, start a new book, go to bed

Sunday - wake up (probably about 5:30am) sit on the settee and do nothing until aprox 9am, do my washing, sit down, continue book, play piano, sort out washing, eat food, fall into a massive deep dark depression and wish for the destruction of the earth purely because I know I have a busy day at work on Monday, curse the lack of destruction of the earth, go to bed

• Like 2

Just about to go out for a well earned pint, after a week smashing in the overtime at work, to help cover the cost of what I've spent fixing my car. I may even have a few whiskeys.

Tomorrow I'm going on counter demonstration march, as a bunch of neo-Nazi ****s have decided they want to march in our town. Hopefully I manage to keep my cool, and don't end up talking a swing at one of the word removeds, but I get the feeling that's what they want. 

Edited by dAVe80

55 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

I was all geared up for a few cans and a curry tonight, as it happens I had a shit day at work so I'm sitting down and getting mullered on my own and I've scrapped the idea of a curry

tomorrow - go to the religious nuts down the road for breakfast and read a bit of my book, get home have a bit of piano practice, finish my book, complain that there is nothing on telly, order the meal that I was going to have on Friday, start a new book, go to bed

Sunday - wake up (probably about 5:30am) sit on the settee and do nothing until aprox 9am, do my washing, sit down, continue book, play piano, sort out washing, eat food, fall into a massive deep dark depression and wish for the destruction of the earth purely because I know I have a busy day at work on Monday, curse the lack of destruction of the earth, go to bed

Your depressed but content being depressed ,which is never a bad thing. 

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Getting my dog groomed in the morning and then off in the motorised home to a place near market drayton where we will drink wine and I will subject the current MrsD to country music. Sunday will be spent with the grandson and heir. 

I lived in market Drayton for 4 months. Lovely place called Stoke Heath .;)

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Your depressed but content being depressed ,which is never a bad thing. 

can't say that I really agree with that, I think I am happy with being discontent, I've never been one for people but just lately I've been even worse than normal, a weekend where the only person I speak to is the delivery driver is a pretty good weekend for me, I get pissed off when friends text or phone me, not because I'm depressed, just because I prefer me to them

1 minute ago, leemond2008 said:

can't say that I really agree with that, I think I am happy with being discontent, I've never been one for people but just lately I've been even worse than normal, a weekend where the only person I speak to is the delivery driver is a pretty good weekend for me, I get pissed off when friends text or phone me, not because I'm depressed, just because I prefer me to them

We better end this posting then.

Fairly quiet one this weekend. Had today off and had a few jobs to do, which were successfully completed (makes it sound like an SAS mission) and then treated myself to a pint of Longhorn IPA in a local pub. 

Need to order myself an Android tablet as I've been introduced to Kodi (late to the party again) and want to get involved. Aside from that, I will be relaxing and sleeping

3 weeks until Reykjavik, I can't wait 

Â