The VT "It's the weekend!" thread

Xela

Quiet one for me, Was meant to be out last night but too many last night at the Xmas market, plus a few more after means I couldn't face tonight.

I'll be eating and relaxing tonight. Popping to see parents tomorrow and chilling Sunday. May go out for Sunday lunch, not decided yet.

• 4 weeks later...

I was due to go the pub after work tonight but at 4:55pm I decided to go home instead.

mainly because I have no self control, it'd only take one other person to suggest it and I'd be out until 12 o'clock, even if no one else stayed out I'd end up having 5 or 6 pints and then getting another 8 cans on the way home.

I wanna get my book finished tomorrow and I'm not doing that with a bad head.

being the sensible little badger that I am I've opted for 8 cans of Stella a curry and a few hours on the ps4, I'm feeling really pleased with myself.

• Like 2

Finished at midday and took myself to the local for fish n chips and a pint. Rest of the weekend is fairly chilled. Was contemplating football tomorrow (AFC Fylde) but still shaking off my cold so going to give it a miss.

35 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

I was due to go the pub after work tonight but at 4:55pm I decided to go home instead.

mainly because I have no self control, it'd only take one other person to suggest it and I'd be out until 12 o'clock, even if no one else stayed out I'd end up having 5 or 6 pints and then getting another 8 cans on the way home.

I wanna get my book finished tomorrow and I'm not doing that with a bad head.

being the sensible little badger that I am I've opted for 8 cans of Stella a curry and a few hours on the ps4, I'm feeling really pleased with myself.

It's great when you get one over on the old staying out malarkey . I've got myself 6 cans of Stella but I'll only have 2 or 3 whilst watching the football. Be in bed for 10 I bet. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

It's more of a case of getting one over on myself, drunk Leemond is gunna be mighty pissed off when he next gets unleashed, it's a balancing act to say the least

I'm avoiding the booze at the minute as I acted like a right bellend last time I got drunk. 

11 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'm avoiding the booze at the minute as I acted like a right bellend last time I got drunk. 

Same here I was a right clearing in the woods.  Once I cross the line of no return I'm terrible. Plus vodka is like a red rag to a bull for me. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

10 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Thought you were giving it up :D

I considered it, then decided it was worth looking at it again when all of the house booze has gone. Which as I took delivery of 60 litres of wine before christmas, may be some time.

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

I considered it, then decided it was worth looking at it again when all of the house booze has gone. Which as I took delivery of 60 litres of wine before christmas, may be some time.

I can see your reasoning. It would be such a waste to leave the wine just sitting there.

Just got back from Brum after spending the evening last night with the folks.  Stupidly, I decided to take the scenic route back down to Portsmouth via the Cotswolds and my life flashed before my eyes a number of times after on the back "roads" of Oxfordshire around Brize Norton. I was not able to see a damn thing due to fog / mist .  Stow-on-the-Wold is very pretty though and I'm glad I was able to take a stroll around just as it was getting dark :).  Note to self:  Next time, leave earlier.    

Now, it is time to relax with some nice brandy that my old man forced upon me.  Tomorrow is going to be a day of dread - I'm back to work on Monday after 3 weeks off and I would have stayed in Brum for another day given the choice.  Stupid me arranged that big meat order from Muscle Foods to turn up tomorrow (delivering between 7am and 9pm :().  Note to self: Don't order stuff to be delivered on a Sunday, especially when I clearly have better things to do.   

Â