The VT "It's the weekend!" thread

Xela

On 28/06/2019 at 21:31, snowychap said:

I know it's a joke but people need to stop feeling so free to use these kinds of phrases when talking about other people.

We're all human. Other people's fallibilities and the things that make them appear so objectionable to us are part not only of their humanity but ours, too.

I could be wrong but i think @Xela was referring to those who deliberately act the anti social moron and delight in upsetting those around them with their objectionable behaviour and intended disrespect to others and the environment. They know exactly what they're doing. I've experienced it living in my previous home from those living nearby. That's who I am referring to. I've "lived" it and it was like hell for 3 years. 

9 hours ago, Xela said:

What is Shifnal like? Its one of those places I see on the sat nav (like Whitchurch) when i'm hooning down the M54

I would describe it as either a very big village or a very small town....they seem to be sticking thousands of houses there so it’s expanding. Probably due to it’s relative closeness to Telford.

Not as picturesque as, say, Ironbridge or Much Wenlock, but it’s decent and convenient.

Quite a few pubs, we were in 5 of them last night, but could have chosen from 3 or 4 more. As such I feel terrible and will spend the day recovering.

Managed to get drunk enough to pluck up the courage to ask for a woman’s number though, so will spend some of the day contemplating how I will now proceed in making an idiot out of myself.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I would describe it as either a very big village or a very small town....they seem to be sticking thousands of houses there so it’s expanding. Probably due to it’s relative closeness to Telford.

Not as picturesque as, say, Ironbridge or Much Wenlock, but it’s decent and convenient.

Quite a few pubs, we were in 5 of them last night, but could have chosen from 3 or 4 more. As such I feel terrible and will spend the day recovering.

Managed to get drunk enough to pluck up the courage to ask for a woman’s number though, so will spend some of the day contemplating how I will now proceed in making an idiot out of myself.

Sounds a nice place with plenty of drinking holes. 

You aren't the only one feeling rough today, i'm a bit delicate after yesterday... was considering going home at about 7pm but got a second wind and made it until gone midnight. An afternoon nap is in order I think! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Glad it went well for you and i bet that beer tasted all the nicer !

Well done 

Thanks mate. 

The first pint didn't touch the sides, i don't think the first round was paid for before we were ordering the second. I was looking forward to good drink but by the 3rd all of us were ready for bed. 

Whilst 2 of the guys do this sort of stuff regularly the other 4 (myself included) were built for comfort not speed. 

17 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

A meal and drinks out in Bridgnorth with friends on Saturday evening.

There's a great pub in the town and I suspect you would know better than me, but it has a great courtyard bar. Can't recall it's name but really liked it. 

7 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

There's a great pub in the town and I suspect you would know better than me, but it has a great courtyard bar. Can't recall it's name but really liked it. 

The Stables bar? That’s at the back of the kings head.

There’s also the Shakespeare which I believe has a nice outdoor bit now.

• Like 1

Making my first start of the season for basketball tonight!

Had words about not starting the first two games of the season, and I guess it's landed me the opportunity to contribute from the get go.

Bit of a bummer, only got 3 hours sleep and not sure I'll be able to get more in, but I think I've come good under worse circumstances in the past.

On 28/06/2019 at 10:54, AVFCDAN said:

I'm the same as you, I consider myself working class really but there's another breed of people altogether on a lower rung of the ladder. I've no idea what they are but you can spot them a mile off. I don't know if its just a general lack of intelligence but with that comes an arrogance to just do and act as you please with no consideration for others.

Jeremy Kyle-ites is what I call them.

Just the lowest form of dragged up slobs you could meet.

A different breed indeed.

Not much planned... chilling tonight and may watch an old episode of Jonathan Creek shortly :detect:

Lie in tomorrow then all being well meeting a mate for a few afternoon beers and and a bit of food 

Sunday... food shopping and will look at booking a break in September.... either go back to Norfolk for a few days or try somewhere else in this pleasant land of ours. There is so much of it I haven't seen!

26 minutes ago, Xela said:

Sunday... food shopping and will look at booking a break in September.... either go back to Norfolk for a few days or try somewhere else in this pleasant land of ours. There is so much of it I haven't seen!

Giving the World Cup Final a miss, then? ;)

• Like 1

Gigged last night, it finished at gone 12 which I did not bloody sign up for. Today I am going to buy a suit for a mates wedding in a few weeks time. That's the extent of my weekend. 

2 hours ago, MickeyC_UTV said:

extremely rare sighting of a Villa shirt (worn by a young girl) in the deepest darkest reaches of Wapping (East London) earlier today. 

Wondering if I was in close proximity to @a m ole?

what do you mean??

Â