Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Why is it just a matter of time? No, genuinely? I remember thinking that last season is all.

We are guaranteed nothing in this league nor do we have a divine right to finish in the top 6. Yes, we've created chances but we've also been overrun in midfield in most matches I've watched.

Will results come? I'm not sure under RDM.

Ok fair point though I think the luck we have had up to now has to change at some point (evening out over the season is what they usually say?). I think performances in general have been decent up to now also. Lastly we've only seen our 1st choice centre mid partnership v Newcastle for 45 mins where we were good for a decent chunk of the half. 

Add it all up and that's why I'm optimistic that it's only a matter of time that results will improve. 

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Remind me what was rowetts net spend in comparison to di Matteo's?

I'm not repeating what I've already said other than if somebody wants to they can draw distinctions either way.  Rowett won a lot of games at first with those players, then couldn't win at all. So people would've been saying "its not the players" !!! He had less pressure, having come to a team low in the Table with low expectations, compared to rebuilding an entire Team with expectations of winning. I'm not saying either argument is more valid, thats the point, if someone wants Rowett they can find ways to say his 9 game run isn't the same, if they don't want him they can argue it is..I mean for example are you now saying anyone who hasn't spent a lot of money can have a worse record but be excused as they've spent less ?  How long would that idea last on our next Manager ?  

The bottom line is the general tenet of complaint is - rightly -  "too few points on the board" - had we 18 points nobody would be caring how we played or anything else - yet over that 9 game period it was the same.

The simple answer, rather than coming up with all kinds of exceptions and explanations is that whether with him, then, or RDM, now, 9 games is a stupidly small sample size from which to judge a new Manager.  IMO that is so obvious it shouldn't need saying.

Don't get me wrong, I think he is doing poorly - but its too soon to judge him definitively.

Having said that, I am quite sure he will indeed be so judged, get the boot, and off we will all jolly well go again.  I assume we sack the next guy if he doesn't do better than a point a game over his first 9 games ?

As bad a manager as we've had in the past few years, continual repetition of mistakes, players not seeming to know what to do on the pitch and not playing with confidence, mistakes left right and centre and a string of shite results against shite piss pot teams, what a total shambles, RDM OUT.

Get him out. That happens once or twice, you can put it down to players. When it happens that many times, the manager is not doing his job in organising the team properly. 

Sitting back on a 1-0 lead with just 2 centre mids, none of who can run. Invited pressure, conceded several corners and got exactly what we deserved for doing so.

Edited by andym
  • Like 2

Â