Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

22 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Is the decision on this now down to Round?

Assume round will play the major role in any new managerial appointment but I'd imagine that xia and wyness will also play a big role in any decision to ditch rdm

3 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

How can people not see that the issue is not just the manager? How many times does this cycle need to happen before the fans actually stick with somebody. Laughable.

I'd love to agree, and in many ways I do agree with the sentiment. However, in terms of performance I'd rate RDM on par with Sherwood so far. And there is little to suggest we're improving.

Gregg Evans doesn't half talk some bollocks.

He needs more time and Progress is being made because tommy elphick says the application in training now to day 1 in pre season is chalk n cheese.

Wow? That's great. How about you stop making stupid mistakes, scoring own goals and keep a clean sheet so we can win a football match rather than preaching about what the fans 'can't see'

Please join Jonathan kodjia in getting the **** on with it! 

2 hours ago, Paul33 said:

Xia should come out and guarantee RDM will be here for the next two seasons no matter what happens. That will kill off all this damaging speculation and leave manager, coaches, players and fans to knuckle down and make this work.

The club has a new owner, new board, new manager, new assistant manager, new coach, new captain, nine new players and it is going to take time. I said in the Summer that it will take until Christmas for us to start moving through the gears. Until then, mistakes will be made and learning from those mistakes will happen.

The last thing this club needs is the turmoil arising from yet another new manager and coaching team !

But he still hasn't learnt from previous mistakes. He keeps repeating them.

I don't think there are too many owners who will 'guarantee RDM will be here for the next two seasons no matter what happens.' Certainly not a manager who has currently one win in ten after being handed over 50m to spend. What if Villa are relegated again for instance, perish the thought?

Edited by striker

Just now, Woodytom said:

RDM history of building a side and overcoming a run of poor form is alarming to say the least.

Exactly the reason I didn't want him. his only relative success is where he takes over and work with an existing team. 

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Explain. Is there historical evidence?

Yeah I mean there is none.

Took over a flying mk dons, then a solid baggies albeit relegated. Then obviously Chelsea. 

Once he hit a bad patch for schalke and west Brom there was no sign of recovery.

10 games into a massive squad overhaul following recent relegation after flirting with it for 4 seasons and people are calling for his head already. McGrath...

Yes, it's a slow start. Yes, we should be winning these games... But come on guys. We need continuity, we need the team to gel and we need to stick together. Sacking ANOTHER manager and starting all again after 10 GAMES is pointless and stupid.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

We need continuity, we need the team to gel and we need to stick together.

Tell this to RDM please. It's his choice to play about 6/7 different formations/systems in 10 games. It's hardly going to get us to gel is it?

• Like 4

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Tell this to RDM please. It's his choice to play about 6/7 different formations/systems in 10 games. It's hardly going to get us to gel is it?

Exactly. 

If the results were as they are but there was a clear and defined plan formulating I'd be backing him to the hilt. 

1 minute ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

10 games into a massive squad overhaul following recent relegation after flirting with it for 4 seasons and people are calling for his head already. McGrath...

Yes, it's a slow start. Yes, we should be winning these games... But come on guys. We need continuity, we need the team to gel and we need to stick together. Sacking ANOTHER manager and starting all again after 10 GAMES is pointless and stupid.

To my mind its pointless postponing it. As WT said a couple of posts back - RDM previous of turning such runs around doesn't make promising reading.

I think Xia should acknowledge he was blinded by CL win - get rid of RDM - and move on. Otherwise were tossing points away on the hope that the team just starts winning. I can't see anything to suggest that will happen.

25 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Yeah I mean there is none.

Took over a flying mk dons, then a solid baggies albeit relegated. Then obviously Chelsea. 

Once he hit a bad patch for schalke and west Brom there was no sign of recovery.

Yeah, this were my main concerns when RDM was appointed. I had the same feeling when Sherwood was given the Tekkers money to rebuild, he had never bought a player in his brief managerial career, why would you entrust someone with no experience of the job in hand. With such a big job in store, you have to play a safe-ish hand.

23 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Exactly. 

If the results were as they are but there was a clear and defined plan formulating I'd be backing him to the hilt. 

Up until brentford I felt we were playing well and unlucky - since then rdm has lost the plot and we have regressed as a team - a weak manager !

Â