Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

11 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Not bringing Jedinak on as soon as we went 2-1 up was a massive mistake. We were playing with 1 recognized cm in Westwood ffs. 

Yes persisting with that midfield was a bad idea. We should have shut up shop. RDM has been abysmal so far. The league doesn't lie, not good enough.

17 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yes persisting with that midfield was a bad idea. We should have shut up shop. RDM has been abysmal so far. The league doesn't lie, not good enough.

Westwood, Jedinak, Gardner, Tshibola is a truly horrendous collection of midfielders to go through a season with. We really have **** up with our signings this summer. We have totally neglected the key area of the pitch and as a result will never trouble the top half of the championship. Horrendous transfer window and we spunked near enough £50m. It's hillarious

He needs to start getting some wins and quickly because I don't see Tony as a man who will accept the current state of affairs for long. 

He has spent probably double what most teams in this league cost before you even take into account what we already had. . 

I don't care how it takes time for players to blend. We should be doing better. 

I don't get what he's done wrong here? We've absolutely dicked on Forest, they've hit a screamer that has moved all over the shop and then a tackle has landed kindly at Lansbury's feet for an equaliser.

That's all they did for an entire game. I'm not convinced doing anything tactically changes either of those things - we didn't slip up because of only having a 1 man midfield at the end.

1 hour ago, NeilS said:

Just a quick question, but how many times have we struck the woodwork this season?

It seems like almost every week, and fine margins are costing us at the moment. Hopefully that won't continue forever, and we will see ourselves on the other side of those fine margins very soon.

I was saying this at the game,  seem to strike it twice every game. It has unfortunately been small margins but at some point you have to make your own luck and just stick them in. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

I don't get what he's done wrong here? We've absolutely dicked on Forest, they've hit a screamer that has moved all over the shop and then a tackle has landed kindly at Lansbury's feet for an equaliser.

That's all they did for an entire game. I'm not convinced doing anything tactically changes either of those things - we didn't slip up because of only having a 1 man midfield at the end.

If it was just this game in isolation, then I'd agree. But it's not. We've been sloppy in most of our games this season. 

1 minute ago, thejoker said:

If it was just this game in isolation, then I'd agree. But it's not. We've been sloppy in most of our games this season. 

Sloppy in what way that it's down to the manager? In the games I've watched, we've been the better side but just not taken our chances.

I haven't found that much wrong with what Di Matteo is doing?

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Its a results driven industry and we aren't getting the results

You wouldn't be saying that had Aly made a clean tackle with 5 minutes to go. Di Matteo made a mistake by not shoring things up sooner, but there has been a huge improvement in the quality of play compared to last season. It's of course literally true, it's  madness to be insinuating "not getting results" after six matches.

If we continue the same points to game ratio come December then Adios Amigo! 

Give the new gaffer a punt in the January window, I think we need a new gaffer by then to be consistent within the last 5 years :D

Edited by Kingman

30 minutes ago, thejoker said:

If dominating teams and creating the most chances in the league is classed as sloppy then we have our expectations set at an unachievable level. 

We will always make mistakes, most teams do, ours are being magnified because of missed opportunities. 

Words like abysmal are so not justified right now. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Enda said:

You wouldn't be saying that had Aly made a clean tackle with 5 minutes to go. Di Matteo made a mistake by not shoring things up sooner, but there has been a huge improvement in the quality of play compared to last season. It's of course literally true, it's  madness to be insinuating "not getting results" after six matches.

I like RDM and want him to succeed but we can't keep saying "bad luck" after we keep throwing points away. We should have double what he have but we haven't. That's the long and short of it. I am not in any way advocating a change of manager but we need to start picking up wins 

• Like 1

Â