Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

21 minutes ago, sidcow said:

How did Doug buy all the houses on Witton Lane when the current Witton Lane stand was built? 

Did he just make the residents offers they couldn't refuse? 

They were probably in such a desperate state they were condemned or something. The tight sod could have bought all the land on the other side of the road as well for cheap but didn't. That's why Witton Lane is a bit cramped/narrow and weird in it's design as it's been crammed in

I am very close to development at Alexander Stadium. It's a massive white elephant. The council would be happy to sell to villa, if we wanted to build around the new east stand, 3 new stands to create a new villa park. Roads around there are not ideal though. There is perry barr station nearby though. 

13 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I am very close to development at Alexander Stadium. It's a massive white elephant. The council would be happy to sell to villa, if we wanted to build around the new east stand, 3 new stands to create a new villa park. Roads around there are not ideal though. There is perry barr station nearby though. 

We don't want a stadium with a running pitch that's for sure. This needs to be a football/Concert stadium.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

We don't want a stadium with a running pitch that's for sure. This needs to be a football/Concert stadium.

The track would go if we bought it and built 3 new stands 

22 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

The track would go if we bought it and built 3 new stands 

Sounds good to me. Lets do it. 

Its our real home. We need to return home! Villa Park is not our soul. Perry Barr is.
image.thumb.png.d3729f52cee556e1594ffceca6c5be01.png

Edited by Pongo Waring
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The club says we’re not moving. 

And forgive me for thinking a club from Birmingham should be based in Birmingham. 

Mental suggestion I know 

I haven't seen or heard anything definitive to say we're definitely not moving. Even if Heck said so, things can change (North Stand plans for proof) and these board additions suggest something big is in the offing. The NEC area is hardly on the outskirts of Nottingham is it? And as I said, everything around there is called Birmingham in any case. Who cares what local authority currently owns it, its what's best for the club that matters.

But as I stated, we could acquire the land around Witton Rd, the River Tame, Aston Distressway and do it that way. There's no need to rule anything out at the moment. We could move, we could move to the NEC area, or The Fort, or we could stay where we are. Its just a fun debate at this stage lacking any clarity of the actual planning.

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Anywhere in Erdington available . As big a Villa area as there is ain’t it? 

Yep. As a former Pype Hayes boy I’d confirm that. Then of course there’s Kingstanding room only. Anywhere in north Birmingham is Villa land! UTV!!!!!!!!!!!!

31 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Suprised the old Claret and Blue Gas Towers site opposite Matalan Island on the A38M has not been mentioned, Been derelict for a while now since they got taken down. Easy access to motorways, Near city centre and round the corner from New HS2 Station 

Just a few units to mop up and we can have tear ups on Rocky Lane every game :D

KJUsnXs.jpeg

No choo choo trains.

55 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Suprised the old Claret and Blue Gas Towers site opposite Matalan Island on the A38M has not been mentioned, Been derelict for a while now since they got taken down. Easy access to motorways, Near city centre and round the corner from New HS2 Station 

Just a few units to mop up and we can have tear ups on Rocky Lane every game :D

KJUsnXs.jpeg

This is exactly where I was thinking the other day. Still Aston(ish) and walkable from town. Wouldn't surprise we one bit if it happened. Would also fit into an 'expansion of Birmingham City Centre' narrative that been talked about over the years too.

Edited by newhamvilla
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mazrim said:

I haven't seen or heard anything definitive to say we're definitely not moving. Even if Heck said so, things can change (North Stand plans for proof) and these board additions suggest something big is in the offing. The NEC area is hardly on the outskirts of Nottingham is it? And as I said, everything around there is called Birmingham in any case. Who cares what local authority currently owns it, its what's best for the club that matters.

But as I stated, we could acquire the land around Witton Rd, the River Tame, Aston Distressway and do it that way. There's no need to rule anything out at the moment. We could move, we could move to the NEC area, or The Fort, or we could stay where we are. Its just a fun debate at this stage lacking any clarity of the actual planning.

The club have been as categoric as they can be. They’ve literally said we aren’t moving. 

Yes they COULD be lying. And yes things COULD change. 

But your question was “who says we’re not moving?” 
Well the club says it. You can’t really get a bigger authority on the matter than that 😂

• Like 1

A bit further down from the site mentioned above but a canal-side stadium would be cool. Obviously you would need a big bridge to access the areas. Less than a mile to all the major stations in the city centre and is located near to Aston.

image.thumb.jpeg.88531cb1201ebec648ce084ae9ad3120.jpeg

2 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

No choo choo trains.

20/30 minute walk to all of Birminghams major stations or 5 minutes in a cab 

New Street, Moor Street, Snow Hill, Jewellery Quarter and soon to be Curzon Street (HS2) + Tram connections 

Get it built :flag:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villa_Vids said:

A bit further down from the site mentioned above but a canal-side stadium would be cool. Obviously you would need a big bridge to access the areas. Less than a mile to all the major stations in the city centre and is located near to Aston.

image.thumb.jpeg.88531cb1201ebec648ce084ae9ad3120.jpeg

Is that site big enough?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

The club have been as categoric as they can be. They’ve literally said we aren’t moving. 

Well the club says it. You can’t really get a bigger authority on the matter than that 😂

The club literally said they were building a new north stand and a 'boxpark' entertainment complex. They showed us videos of what it will look like, had the mayor on board, had planning permission. Then one day the CEO just casually mentioned it was cancelled with a throwaway line halfway through a non-related video interview.  And then lied through his teeth as to why they were cancelling it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

There's no statement to that effect, just some second hand comments that there's no plans to move. Well right now that could well be true, or was a month or two ago. Its not a question of lying, but a fluid situation until concrete is laid.
All we know is that there was a plan that has already been revised and could be completely overhauled again as far as we know. You may not want to move, and I don't either, but its possible it ends up being the best option for us and while that is a possibility, some of us would like to discuss the options / possibilities.

The club might also consider building a new stadium adjacent to Villa Park as not moving. Semantics. The main cause for pausing the existing plan was disruption to the stadium during a season. Well, the only way around that is to build a new stadium while VP is in use. Or add a small amount of seats, which isn't really addressing the issues. Neither do I think the new board appointments point to anything modest in scope.

• Like 1

Â