Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Thank you, interesting to hear. 

What are the LEDs that you mention?

I'm not too sure to be honest, all he said was "we are going to put LED everywhere but the Holte End". If I were to guess he's probably referring to redoing the lighting within the stands?

2 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

I'm not too sure to be honest, all he said was "we are going to put LED everywhere but the Holte End". If I were to guess he's probably referring to redoing the lighting within the stands?

That will actually save a lot of money. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Doesn't sound like we're getting a new stand anytime soon listening to that interview. 

At least we can shut down the new stadium and new location conversation because he said not in his life time.  Thank God!  Villa Park is our home.  Yes improve, expand and add to but it’s our home.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

We have too many season tickets in relation to the capacity of VP, it's around 80% which is among highest in the league. We need to be aiming for closer to 70% and the remaining 30% are higher priced seats that tap into the current demand. 

Additionally we need to be pitching our average season ticket prices in the top 8 to 10 of the PL. 

Season tickets are about 65% of capacity (27,000 /42,000). They dropped the number because of the planned redevelopment and to increase match day revenue, too, no doubt.

We already have prices in the top 6 of the PL, as I read earlier this season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, wishywashy said:

I am thinking advertising - so around the top of the stands on the roof line, in the Trinity where we currently have the static Castore and BK8 adverts and probably on the hospitality in the corners.  And over entrances to the pitch.  Look at Turf Moor as an example.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, blandy said:

Season tickets are about 65% of capacity (27,000 /42,000). They dropped the number because of the planned redevelopment and to increase match day revenue, too, no doubt.

We already have prices in the top 6 of the PL, as I read earlier this season.

We sold 33,000 season tickets for this season from what I can find on the internet. Which is about 78.5% if total capacity.

65% is around average for PL in terms of season ticket holders, if it's true we dropped the number to 27,000. 

Edited by CVByrne

1 hour ago, Captain_Townsend said:

My opinion isn't welcomel on this thread so I will leave it at this.

The interview gives the impression any new seats added in the next two summers would be premium seats only.

Absolutely delighted he committed to staying at Villa Park, however.

Yes, we should only be looking to do this while keeping the balance of season ticket holders to total capacity around the 65-70% 

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I guess the North Stand will be there another decade then.  Such a shame.

Failed re-development attempts usually mean new stadium in the longer term.

• Sad 1

‘Doing nothing with the Holte’ is a big concern for me. The facilities are still shite in the concourse, and the queues are unbearable (Upper). I’m all for keeping it as it is for atmosphere, but at least improve the facilities. 

22 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

‘Doing nothing with the Holte’ is a big concern for me. The facilities are still shite in the concourse, and the queues are unbearable (Upper). I’m all for keeping it as it is for atmosphere, but at least improve the facilities. 

Concourses in most the stands need to be drastically improved. 

1 hour ago, Villa_Vids said:

Failed re-development attempts usually mean new stadium in the longer term.

Not according to Heck in the Gabby interview released today.  Heck said it wouldn’t happen in his life time.

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

At least we can shut down the new stadium and new location conversation because he said not in his life time.  Thank God!  Villa Park is our home.  Yes improve, expand and add to but it’s our home.

Villa Park is the most important thing. 

• Like 2

Â