Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

I've always found those seats in-between the Holte and Trinity out of place. How do you get the seats?

Aston Villa announce £69m loss despite sale of Villa Park | Aston Villa |  The Guardian

It's not between the Holte and the Trinity, it is part of the lower Holte.  It is at a shallower rake than the Trinity. You can get in the LH entrance and walk sideways for a bit. I had a season ticket there once in Lambert's first season. It cost £295 and we were largely crap. I remember ringing up Villa  during the summer months and they basically said what seat do you want. No waiting lists or any of that nonsense in those days.  You can a slightly odd three quarter view in that section. It is really good for corners at the Holte but not great at the North Stand. They can't build any higher up as it is right on Trinity road.

In terms of corners the only possible option of some quick seats is possibly the trinity and north stand if you demolished the corner flag restaurant and put in  a crappy temporary small two tier stand. But it would look really rubbish and have no cover like the temporary seats at Molineux so I don't think it's worth it.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

In terms of corners the only possible option of some quick seats is possibly the trinity and north stand if you demolished the corner flag restaurant and put in  a crappy temporary small two tier stand. But it would look really rubbish and have no cover like the temporary seats at Molineux so I don't think it's worth it.

The sight lines there mean that more than one row back and you're already in trouble with restricted views - if you were to put put seats where the corner flag restaurant is and we had a corner kick between North Stand and Witton Lane, you wouldn't be able to see it if you were in the second row - all you could really do there is put more hospitality on top of the corner flag resutarant - you have to be against the window to see the whole pitch.

Has anyone been to The Corner Flag restaurant recently. I've not been for YEARS so I assume it's been thoroughly done up since then. 

They used to have bar stools that were like footballers legs from the waist down. Dead classy. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

Has anyone been to The Corner Flag restaurant recently. I've not been for YEARS so I assume it's been thoroughly done up since then. 

They used to have bar stools that were like footballers legs from the waist down. Dead classy. 

I thought it had closed some years ago. Not sure what happens there now if so. 

Posted (edited)
On 09/05/2024 at 17:31, OutByEaster? said:

That's definitely incorrect - we're not much over 25,000 - I've got the exact figure somewhere but frustratingly can't find it.

TBH I always assumed it was quite a bit higher than 25,000. There doesn't seem to be much recent info on season ticket sales numbers on the official site but did find this from a few years back:

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2019/06/18/season-tickets-capped-after-records

Added to those who had already renewed – including more than 20,000 ‘Early Bird’ Season Ticket holders – the previous record of 27,709 from 2008/09 season is set to be surpassed, resulting in the decision to limit the total available to 30,000

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2019/07/16/season-ticket-cap-reached

We’ll have 30,000 Season Ticket holders cheering us on at Villa Park in the Premier League this coming season – after we reached our cap today.

They may have have reduced that limited total since but haven't heard anything to suggest they have...

Edited by Brumstopdogs

13 hours ago, sidcow said:

I believe the players families view the game from there now

39 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

They may have have reduced that limited total since but haven't heard anything to suggest they have...

They’ve told the FCG that they have, because of the (then) planned knocking down of the North Stand, and the need to be able to relocate people affected, while still leaving a decent number of matchday tickets available for each game.  In April 2022, so 2 years ago, they said there were 29000 and they were going to reduce that number for the reason I’ve explained 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 09/05/2024 at 14:21, ferguson1 said:

All opinions are or should at least be encouraged on this topic or any other 👍

Someone may disagree with what’s said and that’s ok, as long as they respond in the right way. 

Thank you mate. I appreciate it.

Unfortunately not always the case I am afraid. When I legitimately question why a big city club, with a history of having a big ground with big capacity isn't pushing on to 50k at a time when the demand is through the roof I get told I am spamming, or rinsing and repeating. And so our opportunity as outlined two years ago to become more than just a football ground  and become a genuine year round money making venue fades further from view.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

So I’d expect them to install led ribbon banners across the stands bar the Holte end and i wonder if they’ll install further larger screens to the other two corners of the ground to increase the area of digital advertisement space. 

IMG_9980.jpeg

IMG_9987.jpeg

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Unfortunately not always the case I am afraid. When I legitimately question why a big city club, with a history of having a big ground with big capacity isn't pushing on to 50k at a time when the demand is through the roof I get told I am spamming, or rinsing and repeating. And so our opportunity as outlined two years ago to become more than just a football ground  and become a genuine year round money making venue fades further from view.

I get your concern with the ground size situation. When you look at the current “big eight”, we have lowest capacity and most likely the lowest match day revenue. I stand to be corrected on this, but most likely is fact with both.

So, I understand Heck wanting additional premium seating and maxing this out whilst we compete at the top table. Now my concern, along with yours and others is when is a good time to either renovate (in a large way) or relocate, as I assume we want to stay as big eight team for the long haul?

I really don’t know the answer to this and I’m not overly concerned at present but we will need to do one or the other in the next ten years or so I would have thought?  

16 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

When you look at the current “big eight”, we have lowest capacity

We don’t. Pedantry fans.

3 minutes ago, blandy said:

We don’t. Pedantry fans.

So only Chelsea then (just) but who no doubt generate much greater match day revenue do they not?  Hardly pedantry to have concerns over competing with your rivals.  

3 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

So only Chelsea then (just) but who no doubt generate much greater match day revenue do they not?  Hardly pedantry to have concerns over competing with your rivals.  

The pedantry is aimed at me and my fellow pedantry fans, not you or your post. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Captain_Townsend said:

If the Warehouse becomes a decent-sized gig venue then I think that would get a fair amount of use all-year round at least.  If fans are encouraged to get there early to greet the players and have stuff like DJs playing then we should increase the amount spent per fan on matchdays, with more GA+ as well.  I can see the logic of delaying it but I just want the North Stand gone because it looks shit.

12 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

If the Warehouse becomes a decent-sized gig venue then I think that would get a fair amount of use all-year round at least.  If fans are encouraged to get there early to greet the players and have stuff like DJs playing then we should increase the amount spent per fan on matchdays, with more GA+ as well.  I can see the logic of delaying it but I just want the North Stand gone because it looks shit.

Yeah, next year we're going to be welcoming fans from across Europe who are used to being in and their teams playing in some of the most fabulous stadiums in the world. 

One look at The North Stand and they'll be sniggering behind their hands wondering if they've been transported to an Eastern Bloc country circa 1983.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

One look at The North Stand and they'll be sniggering behind their hands wondering if they've been transported to an Eastern Bloc country circa 1983.

It might also be one of the first sights of an English football stadium some fans get when they arrive for the euros, it's absolutely **** embarrassing we're leaving that heap of shit up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nick76 said:

I believe the players families view the game from there now

The players families often use the players lounge or the boxes in the NS.

This concerns me a little bit - I had in mind that the plans for this building were pretty substantial and would involve a new roof and (I had assumed) a complete renovation of the building's "Skin" - re-pointed, re-built brickwork and a better design and use of the frameworks that are there on the side (which I assume were once windows) - something really transformative that sets up the building as a future leisure venue in its own right and a great place to be on matchdays.

If we're painting (pretty but slightly awkward) logos and badges on the side of them, then unless we're blasting those off in a months time, it suggests that what we might be getting is more of a lick of paint and a tarting up - which would be disappointing.

I guess we'll know in a couple of months.

• Like 1

Â