Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

There’s absolutely no way moving from

VP will be acceptable to fans unless they plan on making tickets £10 a game forever…

they need to sort their heads out and get these plans agreed.

was exciting to see this when it came out and the back tracking looks embarrassing and shows a lack of well thought out  planning.

• Like 1

If we're gonna compete at the very top, season after season, then we need a stadium to match those ambitions and Villa Park will need to be completely rebuilt to match those ambitions.

My feeling is we have a few options and we are reconsidering those options now it looks like Emery can get us competitive within a short timescale, 2 seasons. Re building Villa Park over 4 seasons isn't going to fit in with those plans. 

11 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

This point could probably exist in many threads but something heck needs to consider I think is how best to spend the clubs finances. 

Invest in infrastructure and see a return over a ten year period. Invest in team matters and see that money potentially come back via increased TV revenues for higher places finishes. 

My guess is that this is behind the rebuild delays. Everything the club does points to trying to take advantage of a potential short term opportunity for success in what's been a relatively closed shop. 

While I also appreciate that stadium investment and player budgets sit on different parts of the balance sheet, I also can't really think of a single club that has taken on significant stadium investment without it coinciding with a delay in player purchases. 

That only makes sense if the owners don’t want to put as much money as they clearly did when these plans were full steam ahead.

• Like 2

Heard a rumour last night, it's an issue with BCC wanting Aston Villa to invest serious money in the surrounding area if they want to totally rebuild the North stand and refurb the ground. Villa have refused the amount the council want invested, so they have put the plans on hold until something can be agreed. Heck may have just told them he'll scrap the plans altogther, calling there bluff. so I wonder if it's still on if the council back down, if this is true ofcourse. I can see it though with the council being skint and trying to get some freebies.

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Heard a rumour last night, it's an issue with BCC wanting Aston Villa to invest serious money in the surrounding area if they want to totally rebuild the North stand and refurb the ground. Villa have refused the amount the council want invested, so they have put the plans on hold until something can be agreed. Heck may have just told them he'll scrap the plans altogther, calling there bluff. so I wonder if it's still on if the council back down, if this is true ofcourse. I can see it though with the council being skint and trying to get some freebies.

It’s been going on with BCC for some time regarding Witton station redevelopment , I think I put on here sometime ago that both parties want the other to fund it . None of this had any bearing on our North stand plans at that time .

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Mic09 said:

It would be acceptable to me if the new stadium brought more fans and kept the VP spirit.

One day we all move out from our family home. If the new house is better, why not? New memories will come in order for the house to become a home. 

Almost every new stadium doesn’t keep the atmosphere. Hammers, Arsenal and spurs all struggled with it, plus villa park has more history and heritage than those three combined. 

and we don’t necessarily need to if the planning and project is don’t correctly. 
They need to get “proper people” on the job and not faff about releasing big press releases then reneging on it. That is amateur hour 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

That is why I think talk of a new stadium is just talk. If Heck has counted the pennies and thought one new stand is not worth the hassle, then they won't go for a billion-pound stadium. 

This and the fact that they have consistently and explicitly stated that a new stadium is not even being considered

• Like 2

On 31/12/2023 at 00:01, sidcow said:

Well that is clearly bollocks as planning permission has been granted.  If fees for local improvements were required they would be (and very often are) stated in the planning permission. 

If that were true the documents and requirements would be clearly shown within the planning permission. 

I can't believe that rumour could be false given the source!

• Haha 1

Just now, Captain_Townsend said:

If we aren't moving and our current capacity is too small why the Heck did we bin the lovely new north stand?

The club don't believe our current capacity is too small.

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

It's impossible to get tickets, we have had sell outs since 2019. They are crazy. This decision will catch up with us eventually as historically smaller clubs than ours get to 50k stadiums and pass us by.

Although I agree we should increase the capacity it really isn't impossible to get tickets

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

The club don't believe our current capacity is too small.

Is it that OR is it that the club don't believe that the cost of the North Stand redevelopment is worth the extra ticket income received over the course of a season from the additional seats. My non-ITK assumption is that Heck thinks the club can be more profitable by selling merch, food & beverage, fan experiences and higher priced tickets than having a bigger stadium and paying down a huge loan for it. 

Quick maths, 5K extra tickets sold on average per game, £40 a ticket, 19 home games = ~£3.8 million. Add in a bit more for cup games, a few more hospitality boxes and food/beverage sales and the additional seats bring in around £5m a season. Cost to build the stand, £100m+......doesn't really add up....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain_Townsend said:

If we aren't moving and our current capacity is too small why the Heck did we bin the lovely new north stand?

Money, and fact it is easy to make money by massively hiking current prices for the existing capacity than by improving facilities. Small-minded but that's the direction they are going.

This is after the news that the new tv deal is worth over £6 billion to all of the clubs in the premier league, and we will probably be paying close to 100 quid for some seats in 1990s facilities at best.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Â