Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

It would be great to somehow relocate The Holte Suite and then open up the Current Holte Suite as just general concourse space. 

I know people are moaning about Upper Holte Space but it's still got way more space per head even with the lost floorspace than the Lower Holte. 

Ultimately though, from all the away grounds I've been to our concourses are pretty typical. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I think that is a bit unfair.

Trinity is class, Holte is, well, I wouldn't change it for anything. We are getting a new North which will be class and down the line I can see there being a new Witton Lane.

Hmmm, in terms of facilities the Upper Doug Ellis is absolutely awful 0/10 and I wouldn't sit there again. 

The Upper North is awful 2/10 and I wouldn’t sit there again. 

The Upper Trinity is poor 4/10 and needs massive improvement. 

The only away ground I’ve been to is Spurs and yes they spent £1 billion on it, but it shows. 10/10.

Id like it if they could get all our stands to at least a 6/10. Or maybe even 1 stand for now. 

I know it wont happen, but I'd knock it all down and rebuild a 21st stadium. The stadium reminds me of Triggers broom from OFAH.

As stated above, the facilties are poor, the beauty of the Holte has been gradually eroded, and the Trinity isn't the Trinity. The transport is appalling. 

To have better facilitates requires the replacement if whole stands, not just knocking down the odd wall. 

The view from the TV looks great, but the fan experience is clearly poor. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-66715441

'Birmingham City Council 'effectively bankrupt'

Don't expect Witten Station to be upgraded anytime soon. 

Regarding the station development and funding, we want the council to pay and they want us to pay, the most likely outcome is a joint venture as long as we get what we want . The footbridge from Brookvale to the north stand area is still being discussed.

34 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-66715441

'Birmingham City Council 'effectively bankrupt'

Don't expect Witten Station to be upgraded anytime soon. 

Unless we pay for it or there is some central government funding.....

although would rather it was Witton station that was upgraded.... Not sure why Birmingham Council would be responsible for a station in North-West Germany. https://goo.gl/maps/zSEbiQDHrgiHr64p8

Edited by TheStagMan

The club have stated that the redevelopment isn't dependent on the redevelopment of the station, and it's not part of the planning permissions.

There's still no reason why this wouldn't start after the Foo Fighters gig next summer.

(Might be a great time to buy some land off the council though if there's anything we'd want to get our hands on for more space).

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I think we will be waiting a bit longer until the ground is redeveloped.  If so expect ticket prices to continue to rise with demand still there .

If we don't start the building next summer, we won't be hosting any European championship matches in 2028. Simple as that.

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

If we don't start the building next summer, we won't be hosting any European championship matches in 2028. Simple as that.

I think Summer 2025 is the latest. Completed in Summer 27 giving time for checks and approval to host in Summer 28.

17 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Bit weird to "here we go" a.. feasibility study? But nice to see something resembling progress, I guess.

Good news that the intention to improve the station is still on going.

On a side note, when Fabrizio Romano tweets 'Here we go' in the future, I'll be expecting news of another feasibility study.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

Will the feasibility study conclude BCC has about 14 pence to put towards the project and cancel any improvement?

I'm wondering how the council have even paid for the feasibility study itself.

Unless it's being performed by Geoff from Accounts, who's now double hatting as the in-house facilities man and at the same time was asked to put the study together while he's on the train into work.

Kind of feel that what ever the outcome this is going nowhere unless central government can be convinced its a necessary project to facilitate hosting Euro28 (when we eventually get confirmed as hosts),  and there aren't enough other stadiums they can use. 

Â