Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

Demands going to go to poo the longer this gerrrad experiment goes.

The fans are fed up. You could accept the crap football if we are relatively successful  but its neither. 

Can see that waiting list being slashed 

On 03/09/2022 at 14:49, sidcow said:

Looks like the sort of thing Randy Lerner would have built.  NSWE out, they're no better. 

The one thing nobody should criticise Lerner for is his taste in architecture and interior design.  He made a fabulous job of and spent £4m restoring the Holte Hotel, he was responsible for the mosaics and stained glass at the Holte End, and the redesign of corporate areas was very classy.  By all accounts his vision for the North Stand would have been very beautiful had things turned out differently.

I think he was a bit of a dreamer but without a clue how to improve the club commercially and obviously his (indirect) management of the playing side was a disaster.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

The one thing nobody should criticise Lerner for is his taste in architecture and interior design.  He made a fabulous job of and spent £4m restoring the Holte Hotel, he was responsible for the mosaics and stained glass at the Holte End, and the redesign of corporate areas was very classy.  By all accounts his vision for the North Stand would have been very beautiful had things turned out differently.

I think he was a bit of a dreamer but without a clue how to improve the club commercially and obviously his (indirect) management of the playing side was a disaster.

Lerner did some brilliant things. Restaurant VMF was also fantastic. I agree with your dreamer comment - he had the best of intentions, no doubt in my mind at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Yeah, it was just a joke because another poster said NSWE were basically exactly the same as Lerner. 

16 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Plans officially submitted for the development. Lovely stuff. 

With a capacity of 50065, we'll need to wait until the future phases are completed on the Holte End and D.E. until we hear a 'fifty thousand' attendance announcement.

Even still, this latest step is fantastic news.

• Sad 1

there you go

Online Standard Details (birmingham.gov.uk)

planning application 2022/06776/PA - Demolition of the existing North Stand, club-shop, gatehouse and Academy building; and the redevelopment of the site comprising the erection of a new North Stand and a multi-use leisure building (to provide match day and non-match day) for sports, retail, commercial, community and cafe/ bar uses and facilities; internal reconfiguration of the Trinity Road stand; provision of new public realm, hard and soft landscaping works, new and revised access arrangements, car parking provision; and other associated works.

62 documents submitted, ill have a look tomorrow on works clock, the elevations sheet 2 is probably the most interesting one ive seen so far, it looks airy at the top!

Capture

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Â