Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

1 hour ago, imavillan said:

The Holte End is named after Thomas Holte, famed for building Aston Hall. Just saying.

Fair point!

I think, maybe I can concede that just one name like the Saunders End rather than the full name but I still don’t like names although I love the Holte name.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Fair point!

I think, maybe I can concede that just one name like the Saunders End rather than the full name but I still don’t like names although I love the Holte name.

The only problem with this particular one name being that fans of other clubs would think Dean Saunders has a stand named after him having scored 43 goals for the club

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Fair point!

Can we change the Witton Lane Stand back to its proper name too.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

You definitely didn't go straight to the upper Holte. 

Lower Holte was open for quite a while before upper Holte opened. 

image.png.8141d657631dc012cf67095a428a341f.png

I must have sat Lower Holte. Would definitely make more sense than them knocking up the entire stand in a summer!! Tbf it was a long time ago and I was quite young.

The demands and expectations from fans and customers in regards to standards and amenities must be wildly different compared to the current standards.

Will be tricky unless they do a total rebuild. 

On 08/02/2022 at 16:32, sidcow said:

Lets be honest.  If they're getting to the stage where they need 12-14 major stadiums to host a larger tournament there are only a handful of countries who could host that.  it's why we will see more and more joint bids.

It's also why they look to award tournaments 'the broader football family', as FIFA makes a huge amount from infrastructure redevelopment projects and stadium builds. All bidding nations must agree to use FIFA approved/chosen contractors, must abolish any immigration rules for workers on said projects (which is why these tournaments all notoriously have worker deaths due to bad safety rules and most workers are basically foreign slave labour treated like crap and disgracefully poorly paid), all contracts for stadium builds, transport infrastructures etc must have a percentage of costs paid to FIFA, ALL funding for said projects to be paid for by the retrospective football associations and governments.

Anyone who want's to see just how much FIFA acts like a sovereign state should read Andrew Jenning's work. Brilliant insight. And it's not just FIFA, the sheer costs of the 2012 Olympics skyrocketed once a former olympian and Chelsea foundation board member started awarding contracts to companies who... he was on the board of. The new Wembley build as well once a former Wet Spam midfielder turned tv pundit oversaw it. Jobs for the boys folks, jobs for the boys.

The only way I can see the UK getting the nod is if there's an agreement to major infrastructue redevelopment. AS just awarding it to a nation that has everything in place already is simply not profitable enough for the FIFA trough. All paid for by the FA and UK gov, though if that did happen then thankfully they may finally sort the transport issues out at VP... probably by putting a couple of extra trains on 🙄

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 4

@nick76 ultimately it doesn’t matter what name they give it. (within reason) Some of us fans will be pleased and some won’t. 
it’s just great news and another step forward on the journey that our owners are taking us on. 

• Like 2

...creating an entirely new venue to bring our retail and merchandising activities, as well as other entertainment activities, into the 21st century.

Anyone else reading this as possibly planning a separate structure behind the new stand with the intention of having fans stick around longer pre/post match? Perhaps some boxpark-esque thing with food and bars? Or a hotel perhaps? Guess might be one way to make transport less an issue if spreads out the time people leave the ground. Also obviously more revenue for the club as well.

• Like 3

Nice to have an update as it has gone quiet for a few months.

Unsurprisingly looks like the application process is taking longer than expected but this summer is still good news.  Some of the words mention is interesting. 'including building a new north stand', suggests a wholesale changes with a 'entirely new venue to bring our retail and merchandising activities'- is that a new villa village? 'Completion of first phase' so does that mean they have ideas to expand the Doug Ellis stand in the long term?

I am also pleased to hear that they are due to start soon on the Brookvale development as well. We are lucky to have such owners.

• Like 2

for the villa village / club shop id like them to mirror the holte suite at the base of the holte, same kind of space and quality of finish 

but then the north is maybe more interesting in how it uses its space in that at the moment i think at least our non footballing staff are all based there, our finance team and people like that all have offices in the north stand, which might be why we have the rows of windows like they are 

in terms of the shop, the offices, the number of fans, the corner flag restaurant, the museum, the school / education stuff, the corporate side of it all - how they want this space used will be good to see

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

for the villa village / club shop id like them to mirror the holte suite at the base of the holte, same kind of space and quality of finish 

but then the north is maybe more interesting in how it uses its space in that at the moment i think at least our non footballing staff are all based there, our finance team and people like that all have offices in the north stand, which might be why we have the rows of windows like they are 

in terms of the shop, the offices, the number of fans, the corner flag restaurant, the museum, the school / education stuff, the corporate side of it all - how they want this space used will be good to see

My hunch is that they will move all of the office space elsewhere from the stand- either in a new development at the back of Villa Park, or at Brookvale, or Bodymoor. They would want to maximise as much as space as possible for corporate in any new development as that makes all of the bunce.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, punkiller1981 said:

I assume the will be an increase in corporate boxes as well? Does that count as part of the capacity? 
FWIW I hate corporate boxes and would rather not go than be stuck in corporate but it’s a good revenue stream 

Corporate areas have changed in recent years - the fashion nowadays is less for individual boxes with a dozen people in and more for a lounge behind glass with six or seven hundred who then move into outdoor padded seating. For what it's worth, I wouldn't be surprised to see a three tier stand with a middle tier that's entirely hospitality seating - a bit like the set up at Wembley.

• Like 2

I'd also think that the back line of the stand, the one facing the car park might be another twenty or thirty meters out than it currently is - I think they'll then put the store and ticket office into that - giving the facade a bit of life. With all of the buildings in the North Stand car park due to go in the redevelopment, I wouldn't be too surprised to see a multi-story car park for hospitality guests on there somewhere.

• Like 2

One of the reasons why I moved from the Holte to the North was the eyesore and The Holte looks magnificent when rocking and full. 

The North might emulate it so I might have to move back. Now who’s gonna give up their seat?

I’ll pay for 5 minutes of content with Kerry Katona for someone on only fans……

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

id sell the naming rights to the stands personally...

same as Villa Park it will always be Villa Park 

but if they want to pay £10m a year to call the new north stand the fortress investment group stand then its safe to say i would not give a single ****

£10m a season! Cheers img_1_1646333289376.thumb.jpg.af373b5c02400d66dd8a2f0b9c8c71cb.jpg

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

One of the reasons why I moved from the Holte to the North was the eyesore and The Holte looks magnificent when rocking and full. 

The North might emulate it so I might have to move back. Now who’s gonna give up their seat?

I’ll pay for 5 minutes of content with Kerry Katona for someone on only fans……

Speaking of moving, guess there's a high chance they'll be installing rail seating in any new stand. Guess a few people might look to move for that if not installed elsewhere, if safe standing is coming in soon.

• Like 1

Â