Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

12 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I think Tony is frantically trying to get some money out of China as we speak. If he doesn't I imagine he will have to sell. The next 2 or 3 weeks could be massive for this club.

I think Tony is frantically trying to find some money in China as we speak. If he doesn't I imagine he will sell anything that we still own. The next 2 or 3 weeks could be the end for this club.

Alternate wording ?

• Like 4

I'm quite close to a few people at the club and whilst the tax bill is obviously the most concerning, there is a whole host of people we haven't paid.
There is absolutely no money and I genuinely don't think anyone knows how this will play out. Looking past his charming smile, Xia, by all accounts, hasn't got any money and is a complete moron.

This will get a lot worse before it gets better. 

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'm quite close to a few people at the club and whilst the tax bill is obviously the most concerning, there is a whole host of people we haven't paid.
There is absolutely no money and I genuinely don't think anyone knows how this will play out. Looking past his charming smile, Xia, by all accounts, hasn't got any money and is a complete moron.

This will get a lot worse before it gets better. 

There are quite a few people saying the same thing. What makes it worse is the fact he appears to have vanished since the playoff final.It's not unheard of in China for businessman to simply vanish for a length of time....detained by the local authorities whilst being investigated. Would not be surprised is this is what has happened to Xia.

The owner of Fosun has 'disappeared' a couple of times in the past few years.

Is there any relevance to the fact Howard Hodgson has also gone missing since he tweeted about trying to help the club when all this broke? I'm certain he will be connected to one of the interested parties, as he was when Lerner was selling.

So who is everyone going to follow after the crumble? Wimbledon style Villa team? Kiddie Harriers? Solihull Moors?

Edited by Ingram85

8 minutes ago, ViewFromT2 said:

There are quite a few people saying the same thing. What makes it worse is the fact he appears to have vanished since the playoff final.It's not unheard of in China for businessman to simply vanish for a length of time....detained by the local authorities whilst being investigated. Would not be surprised is this is what has happened to Xia.

The owner of Fosun has 'disappeared' a couple of times in the past few years.

Is there any relevance to the fact Howard Hodgson has also gone missing since he tweeted about trying to help the club when all this broke? I'm certain he will be connected to one of the interested parties, as he was when Lerner was selling.

All relevant points. 
I'm not sure anyone knows where Xia is or what's happening at the club. Xia, ultimately, is no more of a Villa fan than my cat. He bought a club and gambled (with the odds in his favour) on making it back to the premier league in order to get the TV revenue. His plan has failed and I imagine he has absolutely no contingency plan to fall back on. Keith Wyness knew exactly what was going to happen and whilst being instructed he could bring in the likes of Terry/Grabban, probably knew it was curtains if we didn't go up.

I don't believe there is much to the rumours he is trying to bring in new investment. Who would invest in a club that has debts of 50m+ and not want complete control?  Nonsense. 
The best outcome here is if he puts the club up for sale at £1 and a sensible (reasonably wealthy) person buys the club and takes on the debt. If he thinks he can sell for anywhere near what he bought for then he is even more of an idiot than first thought. 

Our club is in massive trouble - Think Coventry, but worse. You'll hear more over the next few days. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Omg, I wish people would stop saying “you’ll hear more soon”, “trust me”, “I know people at the Villa”,“believe me”, “it’ll get worse” etc... you all know sweet f*** all so stop trying to sound like Detective Frost with your ‘definitive’ posts.”My cousins mate knows Howard Hodgson” so what? I once met Mark Bosnich and Doug Ellis on the same day. The link? We both know nothing about what’s happening inside Villa Park. 

It could very well go that way but trust me and believe me, you don’t know for sure that it will and you all sound like dozy self important twonks.

Not really got your head round the principle of a 'discussion forum' have you? 

• Like 3

Just now, ViewFromT2 said:

Not really got your head round the principle of a 'discussion forum' have you? 

It’s not discussion though, it’s akin to chat bots having a never ending unresolved conversation. But cheers anyway.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

It’s not discussion though, it’s akin to chat bots having a never ending unresolved conversation. But cheers anyway.

You could always leave...

Did you really meet Doug Ellis and Mark Bosnich on the same day, btw? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

i mean he has a point though, who do you know at the club and what other type of debts are unpaid, you don't have to name, names.

Just now, VillanousOne said:

i mean he has a point though, who do you know at the club and what other type of debts are unpaid, you don't have to name, names.

I would suspect many at the club have no idea either.....management have a habit of not sharing damaging news.

They just expect you to turn up and work , until told not to.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I would suspect many at the club have no idea either.....management have a habit of not sharing damaging news.

Now that i can believe.

I find it odd that we announced the new sponsorship and gave two players new contracts (i know one was a youth player).

The silence is toxic.

33 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It was nothing personal bud, your sign off was what lit the touch paper ? ?

I did, it was ‘94, I was 9 and my dad took me to get the black/rainbow muller goalie top. Met Doug in the car park and then Bozzy was in the old club shop.

He was probably smacked off his tits on reflection but I was 9 so wouldn’t know. Bozzy not Ellis btw. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, ViewFromT2 said:

I think Tony is frantically trying to find some money in China as we speak. If he doesn't I imagine he will sell anything that we still own. The next 2 or 3 weeks could be the end for this club.

Alternate wording ?

Im afraid I feel your version is the one.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Well, they probably know if they haven't been paid. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ViewFromT2 said:

Alternate wording ?

Or someone could just buy the club and we get better?

Might be naive of me but I think anyone predicting the demise of Aston Villa Club has been a depressed Villa fan way too long.

• Like 1

Â