Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

6 hours ago, TheEgo said:

Thought that was Banfill? 

check this link. Deputy Chairman, from Villa themselves. https://uat-cn.avfc.co.uk/club/whos-who

Maybe I’m splitting hairs here, but I see Deputy Chairman as being very different to Vice Chairman. Vice Chairman is second in command, whereas the Deputy Chairman may as well be the guy that fetches the biscuits and makes sure that the Alexa doesn’t run out of batteries.

25 minutes ago, villarocker said:

We were in debt to Lerner at the end though. Debt is debt no matter who you owe it to. 

Well, no - it was shareholder debt (not quite the same as true debt such as owing it to Chinese banks or a shady parent company) that Lerner mostly converted to equity. 

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

26 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

I genuinely think all Birmingham mail does is repeat the same things over and over worded differently with a few added bits of conjecture and speculation, I genuinely think they know sod all and are just putting out click bait.

doesn't mean we aren't in the poop though

The reason this is believable is because it fits very well with what we know about the club. 

If we strip back all the speculation and spin, what we know is that last month we couldn't pay our bills, and there seems to have been very little material change to our financial position since then. 

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

The reason this is believable is because it fits very well with what we know about the club. 

If we strip back all the speculation and spin, what we know is that last month we couldn't pay our bills, and there seems to have been very little material change to our financial position since then. 

We don't know anything has changed good or bad, just speculation and panic.

I am not saying there aren't grave reasons to be concerned but I won't let concern be fuelled by such a load of rancid cobblers presented by the Brum mail, that site is pure click bait ad cancer. They seem to revel in the Club's downfall as some of the toss they put out is written by journalists who support our rivals.

• Like 1

It's clear now that Xia is a fraudster, but we don't know what kind yet. Is he just guilty of white lies about his wealth or something more sinister...a criminal fraudster who pockets the revenue from companies then disappears leaving unsustainable debt. Let's hope its the former! 

5 hours ago, TheEgo said:

I cannot stand Gregg Evans and his drony voice.

Good lord, if you are going to make a video to put online for a large regional rag at least get some training in how to present the information. Also, these days it's so cheap to invest in some proper lighting and audio equipment. But no, Gregg Evans looks & sounds like he's making a sixth form project in the 1980's

Also, yeah, we're foooked. 

Next years team.

Bunn

Hutton     Hutton   Hutton     Hutton

Hutton     Hutton

Subs: Hutton, Hutton, Hutton, Hutton, Hutton, Bunn, Richards

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I cannot stand Gregg Evans and his drony voice.

Good lord, if you are going to make a video to put online for a large regional rag at least get some training in how to present the information. Also, these days it's so cheap to invest in some proper lighting and audio equipment. But no, Gregg Evans looks & sounds like he's making a sixth form project in the 1980's

Also, yeah, we're foooked. 

Next years team.

Bunn

Hutton     Hutton

Not happy with playing Bunn in goal. How about playing Hutton there? ;)

• Like 2

Lads do yourself a favour and ignore articles with negative headlines. We know the situation is bad and the papers will just keep repeating how bad it is until something new actually develops. 

Just try and relax and enjoy the World Cup in the meantime. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 4

47 minutes ago, John said:

Not happy with playing Bunn in goal. How about playing Hutton there? ;)

Fair enough:

Alan

Hutton     Hutton

• Haha 2

Just now, TheAuthority said:

Fair enough:

Alan

Hutton     Hutton

I think we’d need a new right back. 

12 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Fair enough:

Alan

Hutton     Hutton

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think we’d need a new right back. 

Man tough crowd. Ok then:

Alan

Richards     Hutton   Hutton     Hutton

Hutton     Hutton

Subs: Hutton, Hutton, Hutton, Hutton, Hutton, Bunn, Hutton

• Haha 2

If anyone's interested, I came across this blog late last night:

https://villaleaks.com/

It's written by the bluenose that created a similar blog uncovering the depths of crap that Blues have been in since Carson Yeung took over. To be fair, he really seems to know his stuff when it comes to chinese business. No idea who he is, but I would stress that in my opinion he isn't wallowing in our downfall or taking the piss, it's a genuine blog and I think he may well uncover some information over the coming weeks. He has removed the comments feature for obvious reasons.

3 articles on there so far, all very interesting.

• Like 3

Like so many others out there, he's just replicating what we already "know". We'll most likely not get to the bottom of this until Xia comes out with a definitive statement concerning the state of the club, financially and otherwise. 

Edited by vreitti

With the current radio silence this feels like it is going two ways. Tony's mate (whoever that is, maybe Tony impersonating a mate calling himself Terrence X) from China puts in £30 mill or Tony sells begrudgingly to the best offer which will be barely more than he can expect from administration. Until either plays out I doubt we'll hear about the footballing plans for next season. Thank god England have given us reason to be distracted. 

Â