Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

26 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Yeh, right, what Xia should do is get rid of the current fans and buy in some better ones.

Not even that.

Just ones that take the rough with the smooth would be a good start.

Y'know like when getting to Wembley 3/4 times, finishing top 10, getting into European places still wasn't good enough?

20 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Not even that.

Just ones that take the rough with the smooth would be a good start.

Y'know like when getting to Wembley 3/4 times, finishing top 10, getting into European places still wasn't good enough?

Come on man, the VAST majority of fans were having a lovely old time back then, the match day experience was actually fun. There were obvious problems off the pitch though, we were being held back from winning things and at times from challenging for titles by poor decision making, under both Ellis and Lerner/O'Neill. 

Mistakes and poor judgement are relevant topics no matter where we are in the pyramid. Supporters have a right to remark on them, it's their club after all.

Besides which, we're 18th in the championship so your point is wholly moot. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

Just copy and paste the tweet. The site will render it. But practice in the Site Issues forum.

1. I understood all ur feeling&desperation 2up TheVilla. We need more2stand together&calm down 2solve all the problems b4 the dawn coming!

We r clear about issues.I've asked all2support including pointing out coach team's weakness and try different ways to fix 4now. Be positive!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Either way, a poisonous atmosphere, or getting on the players backs now does more harm than good. I don't think there is any disputing that.

I fully agree it does, and those that say it has no effect make no sense to me.

However, whilst I'm way past even being able to comment on the 'reactions' of fans on forum like this calling for RDM's head (whether now or 'after 2 games' etc) I don't think any sort of negative, let alone poisonous, atmosphere has happened at the games, except booing at the end of Brentford, which, (while I heartily disagree with it), didn't affect the game.

In fact at matches the fans support away has been fabulous, and at home they have latched on to anything good at least as often as latching on to anything bad - yes they have been overly anxious - which has led to some awkward silent periods but little else - but really the support 'out there' is not a problem.

However, the world is more than the' real world' nowadays, and the vocal online criticisms and tweets etc do also influence things, albeit to a lesser extent, and in that respect there is a bad atmosphere.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Edit.  And football is only ever fun if you're winning - which can't possibly happen for all 92 teams in the league system.  Maybe we should think of ourselves as 28th out of 92, then we might be able to see some positives.

Or how about 92nd out of 92 based on results of the last 5 years.

*I can't confirm if that's true but it can't be far off.

4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Or how about 92nd out of 92 based on results of the last 5 years.

*I can't confirm if that's true but it can't be far off.

I dont know, but you might not be too far off.

There are few variables like PL 20 teams Ch 24 team

but hey, we're in the Ch now 4 more games to get more than 17pts....

on the other hand we could lose even more games than last season......

Â