Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 hour ago, mykeyb said:

The owner cannot win can he, not tweet and he gets blasted, tweet support for the manager and some fans will attack him or tweet criticism if the manager and be accused if undermining him an potentially put of any interested parties in the vacancy should he wield the axe.

Has he been blasted for not tweeting?  I've not seen that.

But yes, if he were to tweet criticism of the manager, that would be very silly as well as undermining.  I'm sure he has more sense than that.

Tweeting about deals in the pipleline - or that we are still active in the transfer market is fine by me. It wouldn't be good if Xia came out with 'Roberto has 2 more games - or else we will be approaching steve bruce'  - But he hasn't said anything like that - and I don't think he will.

I have an hunch he may be more patient with RDM than many expect. (but I hope I'm wrong on that one)

VT is a perfect example of how fans differ in their views....thats people, guess its the same at every club.

.....just think this the most exciting owner, we have ever had.

we just need a winning team to go with it.

We will get it right eventually.....when? No idea.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

I read the crap he gets tweeted and the crap I read on here and I'm starting to think the most poisonous part of this club right now is actually the fans.

But thats very profound.

some fans, may have been more accurate.

some of those away fans deserve a medal.

some of the crap tweets.....then I'm with you.

15 minutes ago, TRO said:

But thats very profound.

some fans, may have been more accurate.

some of those away fans deserve a medal.

some of the crap tweets.....then I'm with you.

You don't have do watch the football.  If you don't enjoy it.

No one deserves a medal for doing something which is a choice to watch entertainment.

That said, I can't believe Sally got voted out of Bake Off last week..  I didn't enjoy it, so I should get a medal for that.

22 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

You don't have do watch the football.  If you don't enjoy it.

No one deserves a medal for doing something which is a choice to watch entertainment.

That said, I can't believe Sally got voted out of Bake Off last week..  I didn't enjoy it, so I should get a medal for that.

There may be a love for the club as opposed to the team

To have another shot at it....i would say they deserve a medal for watching that over the last 6 years and the cost and travelling.

The last bit......?

its good to disagree.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

There may be a love for the club as opposed to the team

To have another shot at it....i would say they deserve a medal for watching that over the last 6 years and the cost and travelling.

The last bit......?

its good to disagree.

I suppose it's where you find your value.

Do you value ticking off visiting different stadiums?

Do you value being an away fan, and the status that goes with that?

Do you get value out of winning?

I went to Lords to watch Warwick v Surrey over the weekend, and I'm quite invested in watching Warwick, but even if we had lost and got absolutely battered, I'd still have gotten value out of just going to Lords. 

Some people think that because they've paid £40 for the ticket, £40 for the train journey and £40 beer tokens, we should be entitled to win.  This is sport, and sport comes with the potential to not win or draw. 

I'd still ask for a view of objectivity.  If I went to Lords and there were players deliberately not playing well and not giving a toss, then yes, that may have soured it.  And after last season, I think I saw it in our players.  But not this year.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Some people think that because they've paid £40 for the ticket, £40 for the train journey and £40 beer tokens, we should be entitled to win.  This is sport, and sport comes with the potential to not win or draw. 

Yeah but surely we're entitled to win sometimes?  We never ever **** win!

• Like 1

Â