Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

12 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

It isn't actually him though is it ?

isnt it a PA or something that maintains the account ? Or is Tony dictating to him what to post ? 

No idea but it does come across that it is him personally.

There's that guy Ho, but doesn't he look after Villa's Twitter and Weibo accounts rather than Xia's?

He's called Rongtian He, has been with the club for about three years, but seems to be a lot more involved since Xia's arrival, was in the box behind Wyness, Little, and Xia at the game yesterday.

7 minutes ago, useless said:

He's called Rongtian He, has been with the club for about three years, but seems to be a lot more involved since Xia's arrival, was in the box behind Wyness, Little, and Xia at the game yesterday.

Cheers wasn't sure whether Ho was right but couldn't be arsed to check. Plus I thought I'd set someone up to comment on it.

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

I'd like to take a moment to thank all of you who post Tony's Twitter messages. Please continue to do so. There are still a few of us who don't use Twitter, so all his Tweets are interesting to us.

You don't need to use twitter to see his tweets, just bookmark https://twitter.com/Dr_TonyXia?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

And you can see whatever he is saying

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IwishIwasalivein1982 said:

The best part about his tweets is whenever you open one there's always a geordie that's replied trying to slag us off :rolleyes:

Furthermore, they're all different people but they speak like a monotone. They all say 'Shit ____, Shit ____, Shit ____' in a desperate attempt to win back the argument when someone talks about their own faults

Sometimes I wonder if they're speaking about themselves...

Edited by meme

I'm warming to him, but he needs to be very careful. The same fans lauding him will give him hell if results are bad.

I really hope this is a short term strategy to re-engage the fans and add an element of transparency we've not experienced before. Then when we're back into the swing of things, politics will kick in and the constant updates will be unnecessary and harmful.

Remember the 'trust the Randy, MON and Nicola Keye' stuff that drove us to despair?

I don't want that again.

Edited by PompeyVillan

I know it's only one game but I saw nothing yesterday that shows we're going to even remotely struggle this year, especially with more signings coming in.

And he's done very well in his responses since the Holloway stuff anyway.

• Like 2

Just now, PompeyVillan said:

Maybe it is arrogant. Meh, sod it, it is arrogant. But all the 'This is is tough league' stuff is lost on me. We're Aston Villa, we're bigger than this league. It's a league full of effort, workrate a good fitness with only smattering of the quality we faced in the PL.

I was ridiculously cautious in pre-season. Constantly thinking, this is going to be tough. 

From watching yesterday, even when we played atrociously, we had players in acres of spaces, Ayew pissing through defenders and midfielders without even trying. I saw absolutely nothing to scare us. It took an absolute fluke for them to even have a clear cut chance against us, at a time in the game when we were in complete control.

That's the first game. With players that won't be playing for us come September. Under a new manager and coaching staff.

As I said in the post-match thread, I just can't see the doom and gloom at all. We were comfortable yesterday and yes it's so annoying that we lost, but no team has ever won 46/46 games. We won't have a tougher away game all year than that and if it had finished 0-0, I don't think we would have been out of line to suggest we had edged it based on the 2nd half.

• Like 1

I thought we were a darn sight more impressive than Newcastle, who looked utterly bewildered. Especially at the back. 

I'm giving it till October before I make any solid predictions. Might sound a bit wooly but I'm still on the fence. 

• Like 3

I hate his Twitter stuff. It's embarrassing.  Seriously, you are a football club owner, show some restraint.  This isn't The Apprentice, you don't have to shout everyone down and imply that everything is going well consistently.  We're in football, we can and will fail sometimes.

Get off Twitter now you oaf.

Â