The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

Finding it hard to get excited about this at all. The thought of getting an owner like SHA and Portsmouth is terrifying.

Praying that we get lucky but I've got a horrible feeling we'll be in a similar position to Fulham in a year or two. 

Edited by villarule123
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Finding it hard to get excited about this at all. The thought of getting an owner like SHA and Port smooth is terrifying.

Praying that we get lucky but I've got a horrible feeling we'll be in a similar position to Fulham in a year or two.

I have to say, I'm the same.

Chances are, a super rich owner would have probably come in a year or so again if interested. Fact that it has happened now with a reduced price doesn't fill me with confidence that they're going to spend the kind of money we need to get back into the top third of the Premier League.

Edited by Genie

2 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Finding it hard to get excited about this at all. The thought of getting an owner like SHA and Port smooth is terrifying.

I'm not that concerned. Yes it would be terrible if that happened but we are already well on the way to being permanent fixture in League Two if nothing changes, if not bankrupt cause a club our size would struggle to exist anywhere lower than Championship. So yeah we could get an owner so bad that it basically spells the end of the club, but we've already got someone like that in charge now. There are so many benefits to what we are doing now that outweigh the few negatives that could arise. 

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-takeover-update-steve-11350371

The Chairman of Aston Villa Football Club is currently in China and close to putting pen to paper on a deal to sell the football club.

The Birmingham Mail understands that Hollis has been in China concluding the deal and an an announcement is very near.

A source told us: "Steve Hollis has put in a tremendous amount of work into this.

"Steve's currently in China working on moving the club over as quickly as possible.

"Having had four options to consider, this is the one he's now focused on."

Looks like it's pretty much done now.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

I have to say, I'm the same.

Chances are, a super rich owner would have probably come in a year or so again if interested. Fact that it has happened now with a reduced price doesn't fill me with confidence that they're going to spend the kind of money we need to get back into the top third of the Premier League.

The one bit of saving grace I find within this is that we have apparently had four options to consider and this is the one they think is best. Surely it can't be another Carson Yeung scenario...

4 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Thats how I see it aswell just a case of a signature if Hollis is in China.Be announced by weekend it looks like.

Edited by midian

3 minutes ago, IwishIwasalivein1982 said:

Honestly I'd like Hollis to still have a role at the club after. He's done a fantastic job clearing up the useless board members.

Yeah, seems like he's been doing his job. I really don't have any qualms with him currently.

It could turn out far, far worse than Lerner. Like, club on the verge of bankruptcy worse. Lerner is a **** saint compared to some owners. 

I really hope it's owners with good intentions, like everyone I just want to get our normal Villa back after a horrible 5 years. 

3 minutes ago, midian said:

Thats how I see it aswell just a case of a signature if Hollis is in China.Be announced by weekend it looks like.

Perhaps even sooner depending how truly final the signature is. Yeah the current high ranking staff need time to clear out if they have no future in the Chinese plans, but if this deal being signed basically gives the new owner full ownership right now then the wheels may start turning already.

3 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

It could turn out far, far worse than Lerner. Like, club on the verge of bankruptcy worse. Lerner is a **** saint compared to some owners. 

I really hope it's owners with good intentions, like everyone I just want to get our normal Villa back after a horrible 5 years. 

Obviously this is the case. We could be getting something along the lines of the Oyston family which would be a big slap in the face. However, in lieu of our current predicament I'm more hopeful it'll turn out for the better. Lerner has been horrible for us, good intentions or not, and I'm hard-pressed in thinking it'll turn out much worse this time around. Let's try for some cautious optimism.

Edited by osmark86

1 minute ago, villarule123 said:

We're already on the verge of bankruptcy or worse if we drop any lower than we have. We have to do something as we have an owner right now that is done with us and won't bankroll us any further, if anything we have an owner that wants his money back so the parachute payments would have likely gone to him. So yeah it's tense times, but we have to have a bit of faith cause we're dying out as a club already.. It can get worse sure, but it can also get a lot better.

Just now, Daweii said:

Perhaps even sooner depending how truly final the signature is. Yeah the current high ranking staff need time to clear out if they have no future in the Chinese plans, but if this deal being signed basically gives the new owner full ownership right now then the wheels may start turning already.

Is there anyone left up top bar Hollis?  Krulak will obv be gone.  Sounds like Riley'll ordering a cab if Comolli comes in and Little is only an advisor.   

Just now, rubberman said:

Is there anyone left up top bar Hollis?  Krulak will obv be gone.  Sounds like Riley'll ordering a cab if Comolli comes in and Little is only an advisor.   

Not many but they will at least want a few days to pack up even if it's a 25 minute job. 

We always hope for the best, but you just do not know how new ownership will turn out. The only thing I cling to at the moment was the positivity of King. But that assumes they are going with the people that he was referring to. You just do not know with Randy et al. 

• Like 1