The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

It's nothing to do with racism. 

The Chinese government stinks from arsehole to breakfast. 

If they are our new owners I'll be seriously considering whether I continue any connection with this club (and thus football at all).

Can I ask what they as a government have done that countless others haven't?  Not having a go just curious?

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

If they are our new owners I'll be seriously considering whether I continue any connection with this club (and thus football at all).

think casual racism is more to do with those so called 'puns'

if having a problem with the chinese government is considered racist by some then i don't even know anymore

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

But the UK government is so great!! Squeaky clean! They are all as corrupt as each other mate

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Didiersix said:

If it is £60 million then that really does prove, as if proof were needed, that Randy Lerner is the shittest businessman ever. Impressively bad.

To be honest the club isn't worth much more than that anyway

Just now, KHV said:

To be honest the club isn't worth much more than that anyway

Its still pretty expensive for a championship club.

What has Pat Murphy said ? - Rumours that its not a consortium but a wealth individual ?

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Its still pretty expensive for a championship club.

What has Pat Murphy said ? - Rumours that its not a consortium but a wealth individual ?

Yes, well he stated it as a fact rather than rumour but said the identity was being kept closely guarded.

A purchase agreement must be signed, proof of funds is necessary and the Football League needs to approve of the potential investor.

Am I the only one who thinks if all this gets done in just a few days then someone somewhere isn't doing their job right? I mean surely it takes more than a few days for the Football League to check if they are fit to run a football club? 

If the Chinese Gov are granting some funds to buy the club, what do they get in return?

Chinese pre-season tour every year, end of season Chinese tour, chinese players loaned to the club.............................

Hmmm. Single individual worries me slightly - I hope he's got deep pockets.  A business can at least write off losses against advertising / marketing, but an individual just loses it.  Anyway - all will no doubt become clearer soon. 

3 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

If the Chinese Gov are granting some funds to buy the club, what do they get in return?

Chinese pre-season tour every year, end of season Chinese tour, chinese players loaned to the club.............................

Same as Man City and PSG - every time they buy a player or win something the media talk about the owners. Good publicity.

38 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

So does our own, and pretty much all the others - not sure of your beef at all here.

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Am I the only one who thinks if all this gets done in just a few days then someone somewhere isn't doing their job right? I mean surely it takes more than a few days for the Football League to check if they are fit to run a football club? 

I agree, but if it is done in the next few days its a fair bet that's because we are at the end of a lengthier process.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

On 5 live. Murphy did cover himself and said if not the end of the week. Certainly the end of the month.

I also think it has happened previously where a takeover had been announced subject to approval from the football league. So when it's done it still might not be quite done.

or the approval process may have already started possibly.

Just now, AlwaysAVFC said:

On 5 live. Murphy did cover himself and said if not the end of the week. Certainly the end of the month.

And if not the end of the month, then possibly by the end of the year for sure.

1 minute ago, sexbelowsound said:

Hopefully we'll start to see some Balut Eggs served up from next season.

FWAAAAAR!.

Would love to see the faces of the fans as they crack one of them open for the first time. However they are philipeano are they not?