Favourite Villa Pics

dont_do_it_doug.

On 30/11/2022 at 15:46, Kingman said:

img_4_1669823172128.jpg

img_3_1669823159408.jpg

I remember as a kid, always being baffled as to why they used to drive Rovers round the touch line at half time with the hazard lights flashing away. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

Can anyone tell me what this photo is about? I'm a "newer" fan (compared to others on here) and don't know the significance of this image. 

It's Nigel Spink replacing Jimmy RImmer 9 minutes into the 1982 European Cup final - Spink who was making only his 2nd first team appearance put on a MOTM performance as we went on to win the game 1-0.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, aygee said:

It's Nigel Spink replacing Jimmy RImmer 9 minutes into the 1982 European Cup final - Spink who was making only his 2nd first team appearance put on a MOTM performance as we went on to win the game 1-0.

I thought we was goosed, at that point.....what a great day, with Spinky performing miracles.

• Like 1

That goalkeeper shirt was iconic. In fact I recall Spinksy was trying to get his back after swapping it with the bayern keeper.

Be worth a fortune, to the right person.

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

That's got to be on the way to The Sty looking at the buildings in the background. 

Correct ✅ 

Villa C Crew en route via the ‘danger zone’

Edited by Follyfoot

22 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Correct ✅ 

Villa C Crew en route via the ‘danger zone’

Just trying to work out where it was taken. Moseley Street in Digbeth seems to be the best I can get but the buildings seem wrong. 

The door on the left looks like the Smith Frances Tools Ltd building but I would think you would therefore see The Market Tavern. 

Forgive me, that's more interesting to me than the hooligans 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Just trying to work out where it was taken. Moseley Street in Digbeth seems to be the best I can get but the buildings seem wrong. 

The door on the left looks like the Smith Frances Tools Ltd building but I would think you would therefore see The Market Tavern. 

Forgive me, that's more interesting to me than the hooligans 🤷‍♂️

Just a good nostalgic picture with town in the background, as you say hard to pin point exactly where 

Â